Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: [Dial-up users] Anti-Virus update download error

Default Re: Anti-Virus update download error

Quote Originally Posted by tony_a View Post
    I think I've found that the problem is the new host server (Limelight Networks) Tony
    Hi!
    I am not aware of any change in servers used but you need to check if you are actually downloading any files from the server. If not, its more an issue of non updating IP cache (i.e. you are contacting a server that is not anymore ZA).

Update system will radically change in version 9 also to facalitate dial-up users. You may want to try the new ZA Antivirus 9 beta (www.zonealarm.com/beta) to see if you have the same problem.

Cheers,
    Fax
    Last edited by fax; August 6th, 2009 at 08:53 PM.

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

MTNclimber Guest

I took a look at the log file and I get the same results. The log file is very long, but here is the last portion:

21:16:29: HTTP request sent:
    GET /bases/five/avc/base968c.avc HTTP/1.0
    Host: kav.zonelabs.com
    Pragma: no-cache
    Cache-Control: no-cache
    Connection: keep-alive
    User-Agent: AAAA98dBA
    21:16:29: socket error: remote host closed connection
    21:16:29: Response has not been received from server, result General socket error
    21:16:29: Get remote files result: General socket error
    21:16:29: Download error
    21:16:29: Download update files result Updater logic error related to download process
    21:16:29: ========= download update bases operation, result: Updater logic error related to download process =========
    21:16:29: Update failed
    21:16:29: ******** Update operation result Updater logic error related to download process ********
    21:16:29: ================================================== =======
    21:16:29: ===== Trace log finished. Thu Aug 06 21:16:29 2009 =====
    21:16:29: ================================================== =======

Tony, I think you are spot on. It appears that the new server assumes all connection speeds will be fast! At times, my dial-up connection speed drops to 0.4k (yes that is 400 bytes per second).

How do we request Zonealarm to lengthen the response time? My understanding is that this forum is not monitored by the company. It is only users helping other users...

tony_a Guest

Fax:

My update log says it is downloading files. I can watch the download traffic, and it's downloading something.

If the forum moderator releases the two posts I made last night, they show what is going on.

I'm not interested in trying any beta version--I want to solve this problem not start another.

Checkpoint has contact information, send e-mails to bring this problem to their attention.

Tony

P.S. for MTN Climber

Please see what IP you have for the host server (shown at the start of the log) mine was previously 67.69.247.9 and worked fine. Now it's 208.111.181.105 and fails.
    Last edited by tony_a; August 7th, 2009 at 05:40 AM. Reason: added PS for MTN Climber

Fax: My update log says it is downloading files. I can watch the download traffic, and it's downloading something.
    The logs, shows the names of the files downloaded, can you see that?
    You can post short logs to avoid the message been directed to admin. If you do not see a series of files dowloaded then is a problem of cache.

Checkpoint has contact information, send e-mails to bring this problem to their attention.
    If you want to resolve the issue you have to contact them. They do not monitor systematically this board. The link in my signature.

Btw, ZA AV 9 beta works very well... does not seem a beta at all apart from the expiring in 60 days.

Cheers,
    Fax

LongTime Guest

I have the same problem going on here.

This is the last portion of my latest log entry:

GET /bases/five/avc/base970c.avc HTTP/1.0
    Host: kav.zonelabs.com
    Pragma: no-cache
    Cache-Control: no-cache
    Connection: keep-alive
    User-Agent: AAAAwmfBA
    10:32:58: socket error: remote host closed connection
    10:32:58: Response has not been received from server, result General socket error
    10:32:58: Get remote files result: General socket error
    10:32:58: Download error
    10:32:58: Download update files result Updater logic error related to download process
    10:32:58: ========= download update bases operation, result: Updater logic error related to download process =========
    10:32:58: Update failed
    10:32:58: ******** Update operation result Updater logic error related to download process ********
    10:32:58: ================================================== =======
    10:32:58: ===== Trace log finished. Fri Aug 07 10:32:58 2009 =====
    10:32:58: ================================================== =======

bmcrose Guest

Question Re: Anti-Virus update download error

Hello FAX,

bmcrose here. After following your directions, I came back to the forum to post a reply to tell you that I still have the download error problem and see that many others are having the problem too. A commom link seems to be the dial-up internet connection, which I also have. I can't find the update log that you gave the address for, could you restate the address please?

Thanks,
    bmc

Quote Originally Posted by bmcrose View Post
    I can't find the update log that you gave the address for, could you restate the address please? Thanks,
    bmc
    Here:
    C:\Windows\System32\ZoneLabs\avsys\_updLog.txt

But please, at this point better to contact ZA support, so they can log and trying to troubelshoot the issue directly. I tried but no one was following.

The link to support is in my signature...

There are also other posts by users on dial-up that have solved the dialup downloading by retrying three times. It was posted in this board somewhere.

Cheers,
    Fax

tony_a Guest

Ok Fax,

Here is a short excerpt from my failed log file naming downloaded files.

18:08:08: Downloading entry: bases/five/avc/base032c.avc
    18:08:08: File copied: 'C:/WINDOWS/system32/zonelabs/avsys/Bases/base032c.avc' => 'C:/WINDOWS/system32/zonelabs/avsys/temp/ZAAV/bases/five/avc/base032c.avc'
    18:08:08: Found local file C:/WINDOWS/system32/zonelabs/avsys/Bases/base032c.avc which is copied to C:/WINDOWS/system32/zonelabs/avsys/temp/ZAAV/bases/five/avc/base032c.avc
    18:08:08: Download is not requested, because local file found 'base032c.avc'
    18:08:08: Downloading entry: bases/five/avc/base033c.avc
    18:08:08: File copied: 'C:/WINDOWS/system32/zonelabs/avsys/Bases/base033c.avc' => 'C:/WINDOWS/system32/zonelabs/avsys/temp/ZAAV/bases/five/avc/base033c.avc'

You can see the downloaded files are being stored in a temp location awaiting installation, which never happens because the download fails. Some files are not downloaded because they are from already downloaded updates.

If you close this thread as you threaten, you're just avoiding the issue. This is a real problem for many people who need an answer. This forum is the only method there is to share information.

Tony

Default Re: Anti-Virus update download error - Dial Up Issue

If you close this thread as you threaten, you're just avoiding the issue. This is a real problem for many people who need an answer. This forum is the only method there is to share information.

Tony
    Unfortunately sharing the problem will not resolve it. It must be communicated to ZA technical support, they are the only ones able to troubleshoot, log and escalate. Posting here will just raise frustration . Have you already tried to retry three consecutive times the manual update before giving up (it was reported to work with some dial-up users)?

Considering ZA 9 will be the next version, I would warmly suggest you try the ZA AV 9 and feedback directly to ZA developers if there are problems. ZA 9 is supposed to resolve specific dial-up users issues. Assuming its a bug, ZA is not going to resolve it in the current version but will be doing in the new one [to be out soon].

Cheers,
    Fax
    Last edited by fax; August 7th, 2009 at 10:20 AM. Reason: Spelling

MTNclimber Guest

Default Re: [Dial-up users] Anti-Virus update download error

I'm on my lunch break, so I can't do much right now. My ZA updating is always set to update on a manual basis. I just tried updating manually 7 times. It did not work. Connection speed was about 0.9k to 1.2k. Very slow. (I will retry this when the connection speed gets to the 2.0k to 2.8k range.)

I will carefully read all the updates to this thread and report back tomorrow. I have to take a look at the log file to see what is going on.

Thanks for all the replies. Back to work for now.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information