Thread: Invalid Licence Key?

kitgc Guest

Default Invalid Licence Key?

My aunt has a computer she bought from a garage sale few months back that had Zone Alarm installed. She found out it was a cracked copy that was not protecting her and has now bought a valid licence for two years. she asked me to look at it as when she tried to imput her new key, it came up saying her new licence key was not valid.
    I first uninstalled the old program and then downloaded the lastest version of zone alarm extreme security and installed that. the old (fake) licence key was still in the field when I went to install the new licence key! I deleted the old key and pasted in the new but again it would not accept the new licence key..
    I then started reading the forum and tried the zone alarm clean tool instructions and then reinstalled the new version, went to install the new key and the old key was still there!
    Then read about the /rmlicense switch method and tried that - still no luck - that damn fake key is still there and the newly purchased licence key is rejected as not being a valid key.. Any ideas?

East Coast of Florida - Lightening/Shark Bite Capital of the World

Default Re: Invalid Licence Key?

Hi,

Welcome to our new Forum!

If you have a valid license you can contact free of charge ZoneAlarm Technical Support and Customer Service at :

http://www.zonealarm.com/security/en...ce-support.htm

Technical Support Live Chat
    Available Mon-Fri 8am-5:30pm PST
    Last edited by SlyFox; August 6th, 2009 at 05:01 AM.
    "Politeness costs nothing and gains everything".

Click here for ZA Support

Avail. 24x7 - Excl. Holiday

phoenixgtr Guest

kitgc--
    I found this link on another thread, cortesy of fax: http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...cpes_clean.exe. It's a removal tool. Perhaps it would work for your aunt?

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixgtr View Post
    kitgc--
    I found this link on another thread, cortesy of fax: http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...cpes_clean.exe. It's a removal tool. Perhaps it would work for your aunt?
    I think you can run it with the command "-rmlicense" (without the " ")
    This will remove any license information.

With the command "-?" you will get all features and commands of the tool.

Cheers,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

kitgc : Look under Overview / Preferences / General and untick Load at startup and reboot your computer and do the following.

I put my new license key in, but the old one comes back!

If you have a new or renewal license key, and it is accepted when you enter the key, but the old key comes back, then you may have an illegal license on your system. If you or someone else downloaded your ZA product from an unauthorized site, or purchased from an unauthorized vendor, you may have received (and installed) an illegal copy of the product. As an example, if you purchased the product used, or from an online auction site, it may not be a legitimate copy.

If you now have a valid license key purchased via the Zone Labs web site (remember that the original illegal key will no longer work in our products!), then do the following:

1. Go to Start / Run

2. Use the Browse button to navigate to the directory where ZoneAlarm Pro is installed, for example C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm.

3. Find the file named "zauninst.exe" and double-click it. The Run dialog will now contain a string similar to this: "C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zauninst.exe".

4. Add a space and the switch /rmlicense to the end of the string after the closing quotes so that the string now looks like this: "C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zauninst.exe" /rmlicense

5. Click OK

6. Reboot the PC. When the system restarts, ZA should come up in Trial Mode. Enter your new license key at the startup screen.

At this link :

http://server.iad.liveperson.net/hc/...65&action=view

If you have a valid license you can contact free of charge ZoneAlarm Technical Support and Customer Service at :

http://www.zonealarm.com/security/en...ce-support.htm

Technical Support Live Chat
    Available Mon-Fri 8am-5:30pm PST

Customer Service Live Chat
    Available Mon-Fri 5am-7:45pm PST
    Available Sat-Sun 6am-6pm PST

Have a nice Day
    Last edited by Sky Soldiers; August 8th, 2009 at 06:03 AM.

brianleach Guest

This worked for me as well. Thanks.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by brianleach View Post
    This worked for me as well. Thanks.

Brian
    Glad to hear it worked for you.

Have a nice Day

Thread Information