Thread: [Solved] Extreme Security

Default [Solved] Extreme Security

Upgrading from ZASS 8.0.400.020 to Extreme Security what about restoring security settings previously used into the new program ? Do You think it advisable or not ?
    Thank You in advance for Your answer !
    Last edited by fax; August 8th, 2009 at 02:07 PM.

Default Re: Extreme Security

Quote Originally Posted by radetzky View Post
    Upgrading from ZASS 8.0.400.020 to Extreme Security what about restoring security settings previously used into the new program ? Do You think it advisable or not ?
    Thank You in advance for Your answer !
    IMO, no... not advisable, better to start clean.
    Set ZAX to update hourly, turn ON virtualization (browser security) and remember to clean the virtual data from time to time
    If you see that the antivirus scanning is slow set the scan priority to HIGH and double check that scan modes is set to normal (advanced options of
    the ZA antivirus/spyware section).

Let ZAX to learn your system the first 20 days and then after a few pop-ups you are ready to go!

Cheers,
    Fax
    EDIT: Remember, always turn-off ZA browser security before updating your browser or add-in and note that ZA forcefield does not yet support firefox 3.5, please use 3.1.X
    Last edited by fax; August 7th, 2009 at 11:39 AM.

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thanks, installed according to Your advices. No problems during installing, only a little bit slow the antivirus updating (first time failed).
    However, where are "Privacy" settings (i.e. cookies control, site list and cache cleaner) ?
    Is it not anymore possible to set above parameters ?
    Thank You in advance !

However, where are "Privacy" settings (i.e. cookies control, site list and cache cleaner) ? Thank You in advance !
    They have been removed, and will be likely removed from all versions soon (not working correctly and causing a lot of problems to users). Cookies and cache can be managed directly by your browser while active content does not need to be blocked anymore (it is isolated in a sandbox). If you need to block ads you can use the many extensions available directly from the browser (e.g. adblocking in firefox or IE7PRO in IE).

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
    Fax

Many thanks for Your suggestions.
    Taking into account that a proper setting of Extreme Security could be interesting for most people, I would like to ask You something else in order to solve some doubts arising.
    All seems to go properly: program (learning) settings are the original ones (auto) and other settings as per Your advice.
    Two things are not clear:
    - Internet lock is off but when starting it is locked and I must disengage it.
    - The only pop ups I often see are referred to daemon and they look as follows:

"indexing service filter daemon was prevented from changing the behavior of ZA ExtremeSecurity by modifiying the file:
    ROOT/programs
    WINDIR\InternetLogs\IAMDB.RDB
    WINSYSDIR\vsconfig.xml

What above means that Indexing Service filter daemon attempted to write to a file: looking at program control, Indexing service is forbidden to enter any zone for default (auto). In my opinion it looks as if it is trying to allow something to Extreme Security but I do not
    understand what ! Do You think it could refer to my trusted IP range (i.e. my desktop & laptop) ?
    Or something else ? What to do ? Change indexing service settings or leave anything forbidden as per auto configuration ?

Again thank You in advance and have a nice week end !

Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 3 with Explorer 8 correctly updated

Two things are not clear:
    - Internet lock is off but when starting it is locked and I must disengage it.
    Uuuhm, not good. This should not happen. Probably the previous ZASS was not removed fully.

The only pop ups I often see are referred to daemon
    Pop-ups? In Learning Mode you should not receive any pop-up.

IMO, Run the ZA removal tool:
    http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...cpes_clean.exe

and reinstall it.

If you still you have problems of internet lock, I will guide you through a complete procedure to check and clean your system.

Cheers,
    Fax
    P.S. the warning (in logs) on indexing service is normal... just ignore it. If you search this forum you will find many posts about it.
    Last edited by fax; August 8th, 2009 at 01:16 AM.

Both problems solved. Old Force Field files found notwithstanding the use of ZA removal tool that, clearly speaking, does not work satisfactorily. I still suggest for cleaning the old procedure "New, easier uninstall instructions 2006-08-29" plus Ashampo or similar just to check (ashampo, in my opinion, is a good low risk cleaner).

Thank You for Your help !

You're welcome!

Cheers,
    Fax

Thread Information