Thread: Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition?

tpm3 Guest

Question Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition?

I have had the free version of ZA on my home computer for years and I absolutely love this program.

Where I work, a very small non-profit, we receive a large amount of spam (at least 50-75 a day) even though we subscribe to Spamfighter.

I would like to propose that we switch to ZA. However, I was told whatever I propose must work with Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition since our PCs are networked from an off-site server.

If we can do it, what minimum system requirements should we have and what products would you recommend?

TIA

Default Re: Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition?

Quote Originally Posted by tpm3 View Post
    I have had the free version of ZA on my home computer for years and I absolutely love this program.

Where I work, a very small non-profit, we receive a large amount of spam (at least 50-75 a day) even though we subscribe to Spamfighter.

I would like to propose that we switch to ZA. However, I was told whatever I propose must work with Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition since our PCs are networked from an off-site server.

If we can do it, what minimum system requirements should we have and what products would you recommend?

TIA
    Sorry, But All Versions of ZoneAlarm are Not compatible with Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition..

What you will Need it an "Enterprise" Version which is More Expensive..

http://www.checkpoint.com/products/index.html#gateways
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

tpm3 Guest

Default Re: Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition?

Thanks for your reply, though disappointing. I clicked on the link but I think the info there is a bit above my head. I'll continue to check around.

Post Re: Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition?

Quote Originally Posted by tpm3 View Post
    Thanks for your reply, though disappointing. I clicked on the link but I think the info there is a bit above my head. I'll continue to check around.
    Your Welcome..

I don't think you will find a FREE Firewall Program for Server Version of Windows other than possibly Windows Firewall that came with Windows 2003 Server..

All Versions of Zone Alarm are intended for use by Residential or Small Businesses with Windows XP/XP Pro 32-bit OS SP3, or Vista 32-Bit and 64-Bit OS But not for Server Software..

CheckPoint does makes an "ENTERPRISE" Server software for both small Businesses and Corporations..

http://www.checkpoint.com/services/t...ise/index.html

Good luck with your search..
    Last edited by GeorgeV; August 11th, 2009 at 06:08 AM. Reason: fix Typo
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information