Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Almost blank screen

ellanvannin Guest

Default Almost blank screen

Hi
    My free Zonealarm now only shows me a almost blank screen. Only the Zone Alarm Logo across the top and a help button (which does not work) bottom left! I have tried to reinstall but I still don't get anything else ie. settings and configuration tabs!
    Any advice please
    EV

findley Guest

Default Re: Almost blank screen

ellanvannin,
    Have you completely uninstalled any previous firewall? If Norton or McAfee, or others as well, they require the usage of special removal tools.

Have you followed these zonealarm removal instructions:

for Vista
    http://server.iad.liveperson.net/hc/...97&action=view

for XP
    http://server.iad.liveperson.net/hc/...96&action=view

If you have followed the above removal instructions and still no joy, you may have malware on your computer preventing the installation.

To see if there is malware on your computer, you may want to explore running HijackThis

See: How to Create and Post a HijackThis Log
    http://spywarehammer.com/simplemachi...fs6&topic=88.0

Then Register and Post Your HijackThis Log at http://spywarehammer.com/simplemachi...fs6&board=10.0

I hope this helps you,
    findley
    Last edited by findley; August 11th, 2009 at 07:54 AM. Reason: add information and additional links

findley Guest

Here is another thread you may want to take a look at about how to clean your computer of malware: http://www.zaforums-stg.com/showpost...07&postcount=2

ellanvannin Guest

Many thanks for the info will go and try. Have used uninstall from add/remove last time. Is this not good enough?
    Kind regards
    EV

findley Guest

Smile Re: Almost blank screen

Hi ellanvannin,

If all goes well yes, if having problems then my method of choice is to manually remove zone alarm following the instructions linked in my post #2 of this thread. Also, by manually removing zone alarm and if you still cannot re-install then the problem lies outside of zone alarm, perhaps malware or conflicting software. See post #3 in this thread for how to clean your computer of malware.

I hope your manual removal and reinstall of zone alarm is a success. Good luck to you!

I hope this helps you,
    Findley

rakmed99 Guest

Hi ellanvannin,

Did you ever resolve this issue? I am having the same issue. Did you ever narrow it down? What ended up working to fix the problem?

Thanks!

stemun Guest

Hi All

I have had the same problem and a simple uninstall via control panel cured the problem.

However just to confuse matters I also uninstalled Spy Blocker at the same time.

Sorry should have been more methodical, but time is important.

Regards

findley Guest

Quote Originally Posted by rakmed99 View Post
    Hi ellanvannin,

Did you ever resolve this issue? I am having the same issue. Did you ever narrow it down? What ended up working to fix the problem?

Thanks!
    Hi rakmed99,
    What have you tried so far? With more detail, maybe, a volunteer here in the forum can help, but without knowing your setup and what you have tried, as well as what other security software you may have installed we can't guess.
    best regards,
    Findley

findley Guest

Quote Originally Posted by stemun View Post
    Hi All

I have had the same problem and a simple uninstall via control panel cured the problem.

However just to confuse matters I also uninstalled Spy Blocker at the same time.

Sorry should have been more methodical, but time is important.

Regards
    Hi stemun,
    It may not be a coincidence that both were uninstalled at the same time and the problem of the blank screen solved. Glad things are working for you
    best regards,
    Findley

mip Guest

I have got the same problem, but there seems no way to solve it. Clean installation, cleaning tools, manual cleaning even in safe mode and installation of different versions 8.0298 and 7.0462 doesn't change the same behaviour of blank control window. I tried to solve it meanwhile 10 times in different ways.

Anyway zonealarm free works, but can't be configured ...

Sincerely Mike

PS: XP prof SP3 + IE8
    Last edited by mip; November 28th, 2009 at 02:17 AM. Reason: forgot system

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information