Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Full Firewall

jimll Guest

Default Full Firewall

How can I get a straight full, un-crippled firewall version of ZoneAlarm without all the other stuff built into it?

And before someone says I need the other stuff, I already have what I want and need for other stuff. I just want and need a firewall that isn't crippled.

JimL

Default Re: Full Firewall

Not sure what you mean by crippled, maybe your looking for ZAPro?

Look here http://www.zonealarm.com/security/en...e-software.htm

Post Re: Full Firewall

Quote Originally Posted by jimll View Post
    How can I get a straight full, un-crippled firewall version of ZoneAlarm without all the other stuff built into it?

And before someone says I need the other stuff, I already have what I want and need for other stuff. I just want and need a firewall that isn't crippled.

JimL

It is Sometimes very Difficult to Diagnose and fix a Computer from halfway across the Country,
    without All the Details, without the ability to sit in front of your Computer monitor and see what's going on..

If you would Describe your Computer Setup/Windows OS Version What other Security Software you have installed?

1.) If you have several other Security Software that you Trust, Why not use the Firewall provided Free by Windows? or Firewall made by one of those Other Security Software programs that you like..

2.) NOTICE:
    Please note that ZASS and ZAXS do not play nice with many overlapping security tools (even if disabled).

To troubleshoot ZASS/ZAXS issues removethe other Security programsand install them back once you see that ZA works as it should. For example,Norton/Symantec, McAfee,AVG, Spyspweeper, Spyware Doctor, trojan hunter, adware, SpyBotS&D, PC tools Threat Fire, any otherAnti-virus, Anti-spyware, Registry Guard or locking tools, etc...
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

jimll Guest

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeV View Post
    It is Sometimes very Difficult to Diagnose and fix a Computer from halfway across the Country,
    without All the Details,
    I don't recall asking anyone to diagnose or fix anything.

JimL

That's just a canned answer George likes to post whenever possible,did you have any success finding the product you were looking for?

Lightbulb Re: Full Firewall

Quote Originally Posted by jimll View Post
    I don't recall asking anyone to diagnose or fix anything.

JimL
    In that case, have you tried doing a "Google.com" search for "Free Basic Firewall" ?

Exclamation Re: Full Firewall

Quote Originally Posted by Greb49er View Post
    Not sure what you mean by crippled, maybe your looking for ZAPro?

Look here http://www.zonealarm.com/security/en...e-software.htm
    What I mean by crippled is that the ZA I had years ago and the one I currently have (Zonealarm Free) have never logged ANY blockings from the outside in. All log entries are internal operations only. Incoming always lists "0" (zero).

I want to have a good firewall, and I'm willing to pay for it, but not if it won't do inbound fire walling.

I'd appreciate any suggestions. I'm getting all kinds of flak off the internet, and I can't find any place in ZA Free to enter URLs to block. Does the free version NOT check incoming traffic? Does ZA no longer accept input.

OK, if it makes any difference, I'm running Windows 7 on a T520 Lenovo.

JimL

This is rather normal. The majority of internet connections nowadays are served via modem doing NAT or routers with integrated firewalls. Therefore, the incoming will be filtered by those devices first. ZA will take care of whatever jumps those first lines and monitor the outgoing connections.

Thanks,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    I'd appreciate any suggestions. I can't find any place in ZA Free to enter URLs to block.
    JimL
    ZoneAlarm is a Two-way firewall makes you invisible to hackers and blocks programs from transmitting to them.Both Inbound & Outbound traffic.

ZoneAlarm not design to enter URLs to block.Need programs like OpenDNS to filter websites or using the Windows Hosts File for that.

Also, What's new in the latest ZoneAlarm Free Firewall?

http://www.zonealarm.com/security/en...e-firewall.htm
    Last edited by Sky Soldiers; November 10th, 2013 at 12:34 PM. Reason: Typo

Quote Originally Posted by fax View Post
    This is rather normal. The majority of internet connections nowadays are served via modem doing NAT or routers with integrated firewalls. Therefore, the incoming will be filtered by those devices first. ZA will take care of whatever jumps those first lines and monitor the outgoing connections.

Thanks,
    Fax
    No, not normal. _As I said_ I AM GETTING junk off the internet. It is in a new type of pop-up that old software doesn't catch. Therefore I need to tell it exactly what to block.

So to put it in your words, ZA is not 'taking care of whatever jumps those first lines...'

JimL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information