Thread: Strange Update behavior of ZoneAlarm Internet Security 8.0.400.020

mcrosman Guest

Exclamation Strange Update behavior of ZoneAlarm Internet Security 8.0.400.020

I have installed ZoneAlarm Internet Security 8.0.400.020 on my computer and have noticed that when after the initialization of ZoneAlarm I click on the Update Now button of Anti-Virus/Spyware nothing happens. But when I shutdown ZoneAlarm and then I run it again the Anti-Virus/Spyware update works fine.

Why does it happen?

Thanks for any help.

Default Re: Strange Update behavior of ZoneAlarm Internet Security 8.0.400.020

Quote Originally Posted by mcrosman View Post
    I have installed ZoneAlarm Internet Security 8.0.400.020 on my computer and have noticed that when after the initialization of ZoneAlarm I click on the Update Now button of Anti-Virus/Spyware nothing happens. But when I shutdown ZoneAlarm and then I run it again the Anti-Virus/Spyware update works fine.

Why does it happen?

Thanks for any help.
    It's possible ZoneAlarm settings are corrupt.

Reset the ZoneAlarm settings.

1.) Hold down the Ctrl and Shift keys together
    2.) Right click on the ZA icon near your clock
    3.) Choose 'Reset' from the box that comes up
    4.) Choose Yes on the Reset Settings dialog box
    5.) When prompted, choose OK to restart your system
    6.) Follow the on screen configuration prompts after reboot

Do not restore any previous backup of the ZoneAlarm settings.

I have no other suggestion other than this to resolve your issue.

ZoneAlarm staff does not monitor this board. We are all users here.

If you have a valid license you can contact free of charge ZoneAlarm Technical Support and Customer Service at :

http://www.zonealarm.com/security/en...ce-support.htm

Technical Support Live Chat
    Available Mon-Fri 8am-5:30pm PST

Customer Service Live Chat
    Available Mon-Fri 5am-7:45pm PST
    Available Sat-Sun 6am-6pm PST

Have a nice Day

Charles
    Last edited by Sky Soldiers; August 13th, 2009 at 07:32 PM.

Troubles Guest

I've had trouble getting ZA Security Suite to update the antispyware for a few weeks. A few days ago the live tech support told me to download the newest version of ZASS and use a program to uninstall the old ZASS....

Now...

I can't update spyware *or* anti-virus and the update progress window can't be closed even with control/alt/delete.

Anti-virus:
    Error: Download error

As for the anti-spyware: it's just perpetually "downloading anti-spyware updates"

I just tried the suggestion from post #2... no luck

From this forum link: http://forums.zonealarm.com/showthread.php?t=39454

I read:
    Anti-Spyware "Cannot patch spyware database" error This can be caused by a corrupt file.- click Start -> Run -> type SYSTEM32 and click OK- double-click on ZONE LABS, then on UPDATES- delete all files, especially LocalCatalog.xml- run the anti-spyware update again

Software Version:7.0

Could this also be a problem in v 8.0.400.020 as well? I'm truly at a loss here, please... someone, help.

Quote Originally Posted by Troubles View Post
    I've had trouble getting ZA Security Suite to update the antispyware for a few weeks. A few days ago the live tech support told me to download the newest version of ZASS and use a program to uninstall the old ZASS....

Now...

I can't update spyware *or* anti-virus and the update progress window can't be closed even with control/alt/delete.

Anti-virus:

As for the anti-spyware: it's just perpetually "downloading anti-spyware updates"

I just tried the suggestion from post #2... no luck

From this forum link: http://forums.zonealarm.com/showthread.php?t=39454

I read:
    Anti-Spyware "Cannot patch spyware database" error This can be caused by a corrupt file.- click Start -> Run -> type SYSTEM32 and click OK- double-click on ZONE LABS, then on UPDATES- delete all files, especially LocalCatalog.xml- run the anti-spyware update again

Software Version:7.0

Could this also be a problem in v 8.0.400.020 as well? I'm truly at a loss here, please... someone, help.
    I would suggest to contact Live Chat again.Submit ID ticket if you still have it.Explain current issue.

http://www.zonealarm.com/security/en...ce-support.htm

Technical Support Live Chat
    Available Mon-Fri 8am-5:30pm PST

Have a nice Day

Charles

mcrosman Guest

Thumbs up Re: Strange Update behavior of ZoneAlarm Internet Security 8.0.400.020

Hi,

After I have done the ZoneAlarm Internet Security Reset, rebooted my system and reconfigured ZoneAlarm Internet Security the strange behavior I have mentioned has gone.

Now my ZoneAlarm Internet Security 8.0.400.020 does all the Anti-Virus/Spyware updates without problem and I do not need anymore to close and reopen ZoneAlarm Internet Security to do all the updates.

Thank you for your great help.

Hi,

After I have done the ZoneAlarm Internet Security Reset, rebooted my system and reconfigured ZoneAlarm Internet Security the strange behavior I have mentioned has gone.

Now my ZoneAlarm Internet Security 8.0.400.020 does all the Anti-Virus/Spyware updates without problem and I do not need anymore to close and reopen ZoneAlarm Internet Security to do all the updates.

Thank you for your great help.
    Your Welcome

Have a nice Day

iam4help Guest

Why does it happen?

Thanks for any help.

Hello, I am having same problems i tried the suggest on this page but it allows spyware to update but virus update keeps giving me
    Anti-virus:

any help would be appreciated so as to KNOW i am protected..

Hello,

We are aware of this issue and are fixing a server communication issue.

AV and AS updates should be back to normal in 24-72 hours or less.

Best regards,
    Forum Moderator
    Last edited by Forum-Moderator; August 21st, 2009 at 02:26 PM.

Hello,

We are still experiencing intermittent AV and AS update issues.

ZoneAlarm is working closely with our global download content provider to resolve these issues.

We are collecting data from users who are having problems. While we don't have a fix for you we like you to contact our support dept by live chat so we can collect some data.

Contact us at: www.zonealarm.com/support

Then click on the live chat icon.

Best regards
    Forum Moderator
    ZoneAlarm

Thread Information