Thread: permanent permission to scan?

bacchus Guest

Angry permanent permission to scan?

I purchased a multi-computer license for ZA Security Suite; 2 desktops and a laptop. The laptop is running (actually, "walking") Vista. I hadn't even thought about the anti-viral part of ZASS until it started to go geriatric on me. So, I attempted to do a scan. Time I did that, I got a popup alert wanting me to OK:

"C:\windows\system32\zonelabs\avsys\scanningproces s.exe (Kaspersky AVScanner) event=0 subevent=0 class=1 ("system", '''','''')
    application: ScanningProcess.exe"

In fact, I gave it perpetual permission, but two minutes later, I was asked again ... and every two minutes until I had to shut down ZASS. I still didn't get the scan. Not only that, but according to the alert, ZA doesn't know anything about this exe. Of course, I'm used to this from most programs as I don't remember EVER looking up a file or process in the ZA database, but if ZA uses the Kaspersky AVScanner, you would think that they'd be able to put something in the box to reassure a person. I even tracked down the file (C:\windows\system32\zonelabs\avsys\scanningproces s.exe) and tried to add it as an allowed program, But I'm STILL GETTING ALERTS. Repeatedly.

I know I've got a virus somewhere and I'm counting on ZASS to cover me. However, as we speak, I've turned off ZASS and am running Kaspersky online scanner(http://www.kaspersky.com/kos/eng/par...=1250220471487) just to get it done.

Can someone address this? Am I doing something wrong? I'm afraid to attempt a scan of the other computers for fear of ZASS messing them up. As it is, it looks and feels like I've wasted my money. Well, I mean, it's a decent firewall, but ...
    Last edited by bacchus; August 13th, 2009 at 11:08 PM. Reason: spelling

Default Re: permanent permission to scan?

Hi!

please ensure to remove any executable been installed by kaspersky on-line scan and then see here:
    http://www.zaforums-stg.com/showthread.php?t=69983

If you are not on ZASS 8.0.400.020 upgrade to it and when asked choose "clean install".

And if you have a virus, please see here how to clean it.

Cheers,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information