Thread: [SOLVED - Malware related] User Interface doesn't respond upon opening ZA.

stormsy Guest

Angry [SOLVED - Malware related] User Interface doesn't respond upon opening ZA.

Hey,

This is beginning to happen to me frequently now. I recently upgraded my memory for my PC and now ZA is running a lot faster (booting up is very fast!)

However, after I have booted up and left the PC to finish doing its thing (ususally about 5 mins) I try to open up ZA (by right clicking the icon and selecting "Restore") and I cannot select any options in the menu. They don't highlight when the mouse pointer is over them. I can't select the "Program" tab, or "Privacy" tab, none of them! For once when this didn't happen after I upgraded my memory everything was working perfectly, even ZA was behaving like a gem! Until now... _

Today alone it took me 4 reboots and a complete shutdown just to get it to working again. The icon changes for when ZA is updating and traffic is going in and out, but that is it.

I'm using:
    ZAISS ver. 8.0.400.020 (with latest antivirus/spyware updates)
    ForceField ver. (latest one, 1.3.153 I think)
    WinXP Home Ed SP3

Any thoughts or advice about this?
    Thanks,
    Stormsy.
    Last edited by fax; August 25th, 2009 at 01:01 AM. Reason: Updating info.

stormsy Guest

Default Re: User Interface doesn't respond upon opening ZA.

Okay;

Why has ZA taken off their technical support form? I read Guru Faxs post somewhere that when Live Service Chat is on, they take the TS Form off, but I have checked just now and the Service Chat is off and there is no TS form.

I think reinstalling ZA from scratch has to be done...

Stormsy.

Quote Originally Posted by stormsy View Post
    there is no TS form. Stormsy.
    Yes, works here... you have to insert the name, e-mail and there is a message box.

Usually better to contact live chat when they are open.

Cheers,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

stormsy Guest

Could you post the link that you have to get to the TS form please Fax? I still can't find it on their site...

Thanks.
    Stormsy.

Could you post the link that you have to get to the TS form please Fax? I still can't find it on their site...

Thanks.
    Stormsy.
    It is in my signature! Do you see it?
    Considering you are quite lost you may be need to pay for support? They will do everything for you. Here

Cheers,
    Fax

stormsy Guest

So that is the new TS form!? Right. I have already used it. They were offline at the time so I left them a message. Did this about three days so no reply yet. I might just try again. Also-to put the cat amongst the pigeons-I am based in the UK, so I cannot pay or phone for their support.

Thanks,
    Stormsy.

Also-to put the cat amongst the pigeons-I am based in the UK, so I cannot pay or phone for their support.

Thanks,
    Stormsy.
    Of course you can, its a live text based support and then remote controlled
    The best is to contact ZA free support during the week, so you will be able to talk (text based chat) directly with them without writing off line messages.

Cheers,
    Fax

So that is the new TS form!? Right. I have already used it. They were offline at the time so I left them a message. Did this about three days so no reply yet. I might just try again. Also-to put the cat amongst the pigeons-I am based in the UK, so I cannot pay or phone for their support.

Thanks,
    Stormsy.
    stormsy : " I read Guru Faxs post somewhere that when Live Service Chat is on ".

Like Guru fax suggested.Do Live Chat text base chat.Available Mon-Fri 7am-5:30pm PST

Live Chat ( 7am PST ) I live in ( CST ) So I wait till 9 am to log in.Very simple.It's about Time Zone, I see your on the other side of the pond.Just figure the time difference to do Live Chat.

Have a nice Day
    Last edited by Sky Soldiers; August 18th, 2009 at 05:55 AM.

stormsy Guest

I understand what you are trying to say Sky Soldiers, just that I have to work unusual hours and it is not always easy for me to get the time to talk to somebody across the pond.

Thanks for your help, still waiting for a response from tech support, I might just send them another message anyway. If that doesn't help, then I'm not sure what will...

Stormsy.

stormsy Guest

Apologies for double-posting, I can't seem to find the "Edit" button for my last post. Unless it is time specific.

Anyhow - could one of the Guru's please close this thread? I have sorted the problem out - it was to do with this new "Virus.Win32.Induc.a" that has appeared lately; apparently it cannot infect Vista OS' (which is strange) and I had to flush out my system restore points and do a proper scan in SafeMode.

Thanks,
    Stormsy.

Thread Information