Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Resolved] Installing ZA Free

dsscottage Guest

Default [Resolved] Installing ZA Free

I've installed a new HDD and am in the process of reinstalling all of my software. However, ZA Free doesn't seem to be cooperating.

I download the "zaSetup_en.exe" file and ran it. I get ZA window that says "Please wait while ZA Free downloading is in progress". After a long wait, I get a window with the message "Set up was unable to find the msi package or patch 'http://redirect.zonelabs.com/redirect/......"

Any suggestions?
    Last edited by fax; August 19th, 2009 at 04:14 AM.

findley Guest

Default Re: Installing ZA Free

Quote Originally Posted by dsscottage View Post
    I've installed a new HDD and am in the process of reinstalling all of my software. However, ZA Free doesn't seem to be cooperating.

I download the "zaSetup_en.exe" file and ran it. I get ZA window that says "Please wait while ZA Free downloading is in progress". After a long wait, I get a window with the message "Set up was unable to find the msi package or patch 'http://redirect.zonelabs.com/redirect/......"

Any suggestions?
    dsscottage,

Possibly a corrupt download. Have you tried to re-download? Any success? or are you getting the same error message? If the re-download fails, post back with more details: which OS? fully patched OS? type of connection: for example,dial-up, high speed? Using a download accelerator? Using Internet explorer for the download? Recent malware infection?

findley

Any suggestions?
    Do not use Download Manager/Accelerator

Download from here :

http://download.zonelabs.com/bin/fre...seHistory.html

mamaw1031 Guest

Hi, I'm having the exact same problem with zonealarm free as dsscottage. Zonealarm free wasn't working right so I uninstalled it, removed any left over files and started to download again. It would just sit there and not download and I would get the same error message dsscottage got. I tried to download from the other source and it won't download from there either. Is Zonealarm free NOT free anymore?? Someone please help. I tried comodo and I don't like it. But I do NOT want zone alarm's full suite. I prefer a different antivirus. Thanks mamaw1031

mamaw1031 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mamaw1031 View Post
    Hi, I'm having the exact same problem with zonealarm free as dsscottage. Zonealarm free wasn't working right so I uninstalled it, removed any left over files and started to download again. It would just sit there and not download and I would get the same error message dsscottage got. I tried to download from the other source and it won't download from there either. Is Zonealarm free NOT free anymore?? Someone please help. I tried comodo and I don't like it. But I do NOT want zone alarm's full suite. I prefer a different antivirus. Thanks mamaw1031
    I forgot to add this info along with my question about zonealarm free not downloading and installing. I'm running XP sp3, fully patched, firefox browser.

Any suggestions?
    Look at Guru fax link :

http://forums.zonealarm.com/showthre...light=redirect

I'm having trouble with my Internet connection while ZA is running.

http://server.iad.liveperson.net/hc/...25&action=view

I have no other suggestions to offer.Maybe someone else might help with your issue.

have a nice Day

findley Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mamaw1031 View Post
    I forgot to add this info along with my question about zonealarm free not downloading and installing. I'm running XP sp3, fully patched, firefox browser.
    mamaw,
    Try downloading with Internet explorer and saving to your desktop. Download the zone alarm removal tool. Run the removal tool and reboot. Then try installing. Other download sites filehippo.com or softpedia.com or majorgeeks.com

findley

dsscottage Guest

My previous post apparently hasn't been cleared by a mod yet because I can't see it in this thread. However, I have new information and a new problem.... (will it never end!)

I routed around in my old files and found "zlsSetup_70_337_000_en.exe" which is the version that I had previously installed on this computer as well as my other system.

I installed it and it seemed to install perfectly. However, it blocks access to everything even though I grant permission. I get frequent ZA windows saying things like "Firewall has blocked access to your computer (UDP port 1043) from 198.168.0.1 (UDP Port 1900)" (that's the router DNS) and many other similar warnings.

My memory is a little foggy (particularly after the last few days trying to get this system back up and running). However, I seem to remember that after I installed my network, I had to make an adjustment in Zone Alarm to accommodate the network. As I recall, I had to move the NIC adapter from the "Internet" zone to the "Trusted" zone. I tried that but it still blocks everything.

In my fog, I must be missing something obvious.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

rothco Guest

Hi

Could one of the senior members please take a look at the top few threads please.

There is obviously some sort of problem with the latest download of zone alarm free. I, and several others, have had problems getting it to install. - see my thread 'strange update error'. I have been using za free for years and I know how to do an upgrade but this time it just fails completely.

I have also just tried it on a brand new Vista Home PC as a fresh install and I also got the similar message - "An error occured installing the package. Windows Installer returned '1636'.

If you google the last error and look on MSDN you can see it says "This patch package cannot be processed by the Windows Installer service". The same error as I got on my upgrade.

It appears that someone at CheckPoint has uploaded a corrupt package??

Roy

mamaw1031 Guest

Which zone alarm removal tool?? I can't find one on zonealarm's website and there's many others. Which one works?? How do I find it??? Thanks for your help. Mamaw1031

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information