Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [Resolved] Installing ZA Free

mamaw1031 Guest

Default Re: Installing ZA Free

It doesn't make any difference if you use firefox or internet explorer or any other browser to try to download zonealarm. It WILL NOT download. I've even tried all the other websites to download from and get the same errors. I agree with one of the others that said it is the wrong url. Will someone with zone alarm please read all these posts and fix the problem. How do I find the zone alarm removal tool?? I can't find it on zone alarm's website and there are so many others, which one works and how do I find it??? Thanks, Mamaw1031

mamaw1031 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by findley View Post
    mamaw,
    Try downloading with Internet explorer and saving to your desktop. Download the zone alarm removal tool. Run the removal tool and reboot. Then try installing. Other download sites filehippo.com or softpedia.com or majorgeeks.com

findley
    THANKS but it doesn't matter what browser you use or where you try to download it from, zonealarm will not download. I agree with one of the others that said it is the wrong url because you get the same error no matter where you try to download from. How do I find the zonealarm removal tool?? I can't find it on zone alarm's website and there are so many others that have the removal tool. Which one works and where do I find it??? Thanks Mamaw1031

findley Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mamaw1031 View Post
    THANKS but it doesn't matter what browser you use or where you try to download it from, zonealarm will not download. I agree with one of the others that said it is the wrong url because you get the same error no matter where you try to download from. How do I find the zonealarm removal tool?? I can't find it on zone alarm's website and there are so many others that have the removal tool. Which one works and where do I find it??? Thanks Mamaw1031
    Mamaw,
    Not installing, as I have ZASS running but was able to successfully download za free to my desktop using filehippo site. File size is 32.3Mb version za free 8.0.298.0 I was not able to download the full file from the za link just now. Sorry to hear that you and others are having difficulties with downloads. Here is the link to the zone alarm removal tool http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...cpes_clean.exe
    findley

findley Guest

dsscottage,
    well, my post to you just got the same mod message - so here's another try at posting to you. Not sure if the mod issue is triggered by length or links or what? Anyway -
    zlsSetup_70_337_000_en.exe is an old version. Did you run the zone alarm removal tool http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...cpes_clean.exe before installing version 7.0.337.000? That could be the problem - installing an older version on top of a new although failed version. As I posted in this thread to mamaw1031 I successfully downloaded za free firewall version 8.0.298.0 32.3Mb from filehippo. I was not successful in downloading the full za free firewall from za link just now. I did not try installing as I already have ZASS running on this computer.
    findley

mamaw1031 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by findley View Post
    Mamaw,
    Not installing, as I have ZASS running but was able to successfully download za free to my desktop using filehippo site. File size is 32.3Mb version za free 8.0.298.0 I was not able to download the full file from the za link just now. Sorry to hear that you and others are having difficulties with downloads. Here is the link to the zone alarm removal tool http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...cpes_clean.exe
    findley
    I was not able to download and install from filehippo either. Received the following error message- error loading- program files\commonfiles\paretologic\uus2\uus.dll- The specified module could not be found. Obviously zone alarm's download is corrupted or it is the wrong url. Hopefully they will fix it soon! I appreciate the help though. Thanks Mamaw1031

Quote Originally Posted by mamaw1031 View Post
    program files\commonfiles\paretologic\uus2\uus.dll-
    Paretologic is a questionable company producing software. They have in the past produced very low quality security tools and had questionable business practices. Not to trust.

Mind to check your system from malware with MBAM, superantispyware and A2? here:
    http://www.zaforums-stg.com/showpost...07&postcount=2

Are you using any antivirus on your system? If not, use this free.

Cheers,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

dsscottage Guest

My problem is finally resolved.

One of my previous posts apparently was denied by a mod (too much detail???), therefore, I'll try to be brief.

I stated with an new HDD, newly formatted with Win XP SP2 installed. Avast anti-virus was installed first, then I tried to install ZA free as described in my first post.

Over a couple of days:
    - installed all Win XP updates (now SP3 updated)
    - installed Firefox
    - set up static IP address (between router and computer)

I attempted to install ZA before and after all of the above - no success.

All of the attempted downloads from the ZA site appeared to me to be corrupted. (downloading the same file 3 times resulted in 3 different file sizes). I tried the downloads from 2 computers and got the same results.

Finally, I downloaded ZA from filehippo as suggested by findley (Thank-you findley!) and it worked like a charm.

If I were to diagnose the issue, I'd say that there was something wrong with the ZA servers. However, this doesn't seem logical otherwise, this site would be flooded with problems similar to mine.

Oh. well, it's working now.

Thank-you everyone who replied and tried to help.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information