Thread: "An error occurred installing the package. Windows Installer returned '1636'."

Jim Lissemore Guest

Default "An error occurred installing the package. Windows Installer returned '1636'."

Zona Alarm firewall will not install. I receive a message that says "An error occurred installing the package. Windows Installer returned '1636'." I have Windows Vista 32-bit on a Dell Inspiron 530 desktop. Thanks.

Default Re: "An error occurred installing the package. Windows Installer returned '1636'."

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Lissemore View Post
    Zona Alarm firewall will not install. I receive a message that says "An error occurred installing the package. Windows Installer returned '1636'." I have Windows Vista 32-bit on a Dell Inspiron 530 desktop. Thanks.
    Windows Installer Error Reference 1636 :

This patch package could not be opened. Contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer patch package

What ZoneAlarm version are you trying to install.

Look under Product-Specific Support : Click on product and then Release History for version you need.Download from there.At this link :

http://www.zonealarm.com/security/en...ce-support.htm

I have no other suggestion other than this to resolve your issue.

ZoneAlarm staff does not monitor this board. We are all users here.

If you have a valid license you can contact free of charge ZoneAlarm Technical Support and Customer Service at :

http://www.zonealarm.com/security/en...ce-support.htm

Technical Support Live Chat
    Available Mon-Fri 8am-5:30pm PST

Have a nice Day
    Last edited by Sky Soldiers; August 16th, 2009 at 10:41 PM.

ChillmanDJ Guest

Default Re: "An error occurred installing the package. Windows Installer returned '1636'."

I have the same problem.

I have a brand new Compaq CQ60430SA running Windows Vista Home Premium.

I've been using ZoneAlarm for years now and would hate to have to change to something else.

Can anyone help??

Please?

Hello,

We are aware of this issue and are fixing a server communication issue.

Please try again in 4-6 hours and we should have most of the installer issues fixed.

Best regards,
    Forum Moderator

Hello,

We are still experiencing intermittent download issues.

ZoneAlarm is working closely with our global download content provider to resolve this issue.

We are collecting data from users who having problems. While we don't have a fix for you we like you to contact our support dept by live chat so we can collect some data.

Contact us at: www.zonealarm.com/support

Then click on the live chat icon.

Best regards
    Forum Moderator
    ZoneAlarm

Thread Information