Thread: Instalation Error

Madman2322 Guest

Question Instalation Error

I am running Windows Vista Home Edition, and when I try to install ZoneAlarm, it installs fully, but it will not turn on, and gets an error when I turn it on. Is there any way to fix this???

Madman2322 Guest

Default Re: Instalation Error

Bump,
    I have Vista 32 bit and SP1 installed, when i get zone alarm to 100% installed it gets an unknown error, then turns off, and when i try to run it, it starts up intalizing, and turns off, and i have to uninstall it after i try to run it because it turns my Internet off to my PC... in uninstalled/reinstalled over 20 times now, it dosnt help :{ .... does anyone know how to make it run on my pc?
    Last edited by Madman2322; August 17th, 2009 at 05:39 AM.

findley Guest

Madman2322,
    Before trying to install ZA free firewall do you have any other commercial firewall or security suite installed and or disabled? Norton? Mcafee? etc? If you did have another firewall or security suite installed on the computer before trying to install ZA free did you completely remove the other firewall or security suite from the computer? What other security software is enabled on the problem computer?
    findley

Madman2322 Guest

I have no other Firewall/Antivirus programs, this is why im so puzzled about it
    Found Norton on my PC somehow...
    Last edited by Madman2322; August 17th, 2009 at 09:01 AM.

findley Guest

What is the exact error message?

Madman2322 Guest

It is just a Windows error, it dosn't specify anything, just a problem caused Zone Alarm to shut down

findley Guest

Possibly a bad download. You could try uninstalling using the Zone Alarm Removal tool http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...cpes_clean.exe Then re-download a fresh copy of the za free firewall and try again. The general advice is to use Internet Explorer for the download and don't use any download accelerators.
    Last edited by findley; August 17th, 2009 at 09:12 AM. Reason: correct spelling

Madman2322 Guest

When it goes to configure while it is installing it error's but still installs, then never turns on without getting a random error
    Last edited by Madman2322; August 17th, 2009 at 09:30 AM.

Madman2322 Guest

I completly remove it, install the correct version, use Internet Explorer, and still get a error when it is at 100% and configuing during instalation

findley Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Madman2322 View Post
    ... I have no other Firewall/Antivirus programs, this is why im so puzzled about it
    Found Norton on my PC somehow...
    Last edited by Madman2322; Today at 01:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Madman2322 View Post
    I completly remove it, install the correct version, use Internet Explorer, and still get a error when it is at 100% and configuing during instalation
    Madman2322,
    Going back to a previous post which you edited I now see you found Norton on your computer. Have you run the Norton removal tool? link to it http://majorgeeks.com/Norton_Removal_Tool_d4749.html

findley

Thread Information