Thread: Zone Alarm remover for windows 98SE

robtf Guest

Default Zone Alarm remover for windows 98SE

I have ZAF version 6.0...installed. I get validation failed errors. There have been several posts on this difficulty, but I have not found a remover that is designed for Win 98. I have the file ZA cpes clean.exe and the fixit file. Both are for Win XP and above. There is probably a fix on AZ web pages, but have not found. Please give me a pointer to it. Am not able now to install ZA 7.0..., which I have in a backup drive. Thanks for your help.

Post Re: Zone Alarm remover for windows 98SE

Quote Originally Posted by robtf View Post
    I have ZAF version 6.0...installed. I get validation failed errors. There have been several posts on this difficulty, but I have not found a remover that is designed for Win 98. I have the file ZA cpes clean.exe and the fixit file. Both are for Win XP and above. There is probably a fix on AZ web pages, but have not found. Please give me a pointer to it. Am not able now to install ZA 7.0..., which I have in a backup drive. Thanks for your help.
    Sorry, Due to MicroSoft Ending Support for Windows 98 and Earlier version.. Zone Alarm 7.0 Only Sopported Win XP/XP Pro

Here is a Forum Link to the Official Information Section of this Forum..

http://www.zaforums-stg.com/showthread.php?t=39459

This issue is related to ZoneAlarm version 6.5 and below ONLY.

As of 7/15/09 if your running any ZoneAlarm product version 6.5 or Below.

You may recieve the following error message:

Validation failed for C:\Windows\system32\VSINIT.dll. You probably are missing a necessary root certificate,

Thiscouldbe followed by the same message but for vsdata.dll.

Solution:

ZoneAlarm 6.5 or below can no longer function.

Uninstall your version of ZoneAlarm and if you have a valid genuine ZoneAlarm 7.0 licnese key in good standing you will need to upgrade and download version 8.0.400.020

**** Note: Windows ME, 98, 98se and Windows 2000 are not supported in version 8.0 of Zone Alarm ...

For download links Click Here.

Here is a Link to a Security App Remover that may help you Un-install your Old Ver. 6.x ZoneAlarm

Effective application removal.

AppRemover enables you to thoroughly uninstall security applications such as antivirus and antispyware from your computer

http://www.appremover.com/
    Last edited by GeorgeV; August 18th, 2009 at 09:29 AM. Reason: fix Typo
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

robtf Guest

Default Re: Zone Alarm remover for windows 98SE

Thanks, but the prob is that I cannot uninstall ZA 6.0...via Add\Remove. Various fix apps, including "appremover" recommended by you, do not work in Win 98 environment, which is that for my backup computer (with the ZA difficulty). No ZA app higher than 6.5 will install.

Unhappy Re: Zone Alarm remover for windows 98SE

Thanks, but the prob is that I cannot uninstall ZA 6.0...via Add\Remove. Various fix apps, including "appremover" recommended by you, do not work in Win 98 environment, which is that for my backup computer (with the ZA difficulty). No ZA app higher than 6.5 will install.

I'm Sorry that did not work..

Both ZAFree 6.x and Windows 98 are no longer Supported..

The only Advise I have left to offer is to Use WIndos 98 SE "ADD/REMOVE option in "SAFE MODE" to remove Zone Alarm Free

1.) Reboot your Computer, and Tap the "F8" key while it is Booting up to get into Safe Mode.. This will insure that ZoneAlarm is not running, and the Windows ADD/REMOVE option will allow you to Remove ZoneAlarm free.. Next use Windows Explore to find and Delete and Sub-directories labled ZoneAlarm or ZoneLabs in SAFE Mode..

Good luck.. I have no further advise..

If the Above does not work.. Then as a last result choice, you could RE-Format your Hard drive and A.) Re-install Win 98 or Upgrade to WinXP..

Good luck..

robtf Guest

Thanks for your information. I tried safe mode with Add/Remove early in my efforts to prepare computer for another version of ZA. That didn't work.

Thanks for your information. I tried safe mode with Add/Remove early in my efforts to prepare computer for another version of ZA. That didn't work.
    Tried to set the clock to anydate back in 2008 and the proceed with the manual removal?

Cheers,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information