Thread: Issues Firefox / ForceField

aol Guest

Default Issues Firefox / ForceField

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Soldiers View Post
    How to reset Firefox :

A corrupt profile can cause various problems with Firefox.You could create a new profile using Profile Manager.I prefer to reinstall Firefox.

Backup your Bookmarks(.json) to a folder of your choice.You will need it to restore it later.Uninstall Firefox and do not save your settings when asked.After uninstalling Firefox run CCleaner.

Install Firefox.When installing Firefox select do nothing when ask to import from IE.Restore .json backup file you saved to restore your Bookmarks.Configure all your Firefox settings.Install Add-ons and Plugins.

How to reset when using ForceField ( standalone ) or in Browser Security in Extreme :

Turn off ForceField to reset Firefox.After you reset Firefox and everything is running as it should.Close Firefox and Turn ON ForceField and Clear virtual data.

Footnote :

Also turn OFF ForceField for installing and updating Firefox.This is also valid for installing Add-ons and Plugins.

Hope this helps.

Charles_B
    This is of no help. No amount of uninstalling, reinstalling is resetting FF. I disable FF. Completely uninstall Firefox, then reinstall. Open it and set it up. In the add-ons it is already showing that the FF toolbar is installed even though it does not appear anywhere. I open ZA and enable FF, still nothing. I close firefox and reopen it, the old profiles screen opens. ZA extreme is not resetting forecefield and it keeps re-using the old profiles for the previous installation of firefox. Even though in the firefox profile screen I deleted all the profiles, still FF is not accepting to install on the new firefox installation and keep bringing up the old profiles screen which is now empty but still runs firefox and shows the FF toolbar.

How to manually delete all the old configuration files made by ForceField?

Default Re: Issues Firefox / ForceField

aol : " ZA extreme is not resetting forecefield and it keeps re-using the old profiles for the previous installation of firefox "

If you uninstall Firefox ( 3.0.13 ) from Control Panel / Add or Remove Program and when uninstalling you placed a tick to : Remove my Firefox personal data and customization.It will remove the Mozilla Folder from Application Data.

Run CCleaner and click Registry tab to cleanup.

You can confirm this by typing this in Start / Run the following : %APPDATA%

No Mozilla Folder, so no way possible to restore old profile.You have some other issue.Maybe a clean reinstall of ZAES.

Footnote : Firefox 3.5 and above not supported yet.

I have no other suggestion other than this to resolve your issue.

ZoneAlarm staff does not monitor this board. We are all users here.

If you have a valid license you can contact free of charge ZoneAlarm Technical Support and Customer Service at :

http://www.zonealarm.com/security/en...ce-support.htm

Technical Support Live Chat
    Available Mon-Fri 8am-5:30pm PST

Customer Service Live Chat
    Available Mon-Fri 5am-7:45pm PST
    Available Sat-Sun 6am-6pm PST

Have a nice Day

Charles
    Last edited by Sky Soldiers; August 19th, 2009 at 06:35 PM.

FYI : I have used this method of choice since standalone ForceField version 1.1.079.00 released to the public on July 28, 2008. To this day I have yet to have an issue with Firefox and ForceField.

I just uninstall Firefox to see if any flaw in instructions given.Have reinstall Firefox.Configure settings, restore Bookmarks, and install Add-ons.I only use two Add-ons.Adblock Plus 1.1.1 and NoScript 1.9.8.1 .With NoScript I Import the Whitelist.txt file.Close Firefox.Load ForceField and Clear virtual data.Start Firefox and I'm ready to go.

You have to remember that when uninstalling Firefox not to save your setting when ask.( Remove my Firefox personal data and customization ) .By doing this it deletes Mozilla completely.No profiles.ini ( Configuration Settings ).So no way of restoring old profiles.

Footnote : This would also apply if using ForceField in ZAES.

XP SP3
    Firefox/3.0.13 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
    ForceField version:1.3.153.0 ( Standalone )
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:8.0.400.020
    TrueVector version:8.0.400.020
    Driver version:8.0.400.020
    Anti-virus engine version:6.0.2.678
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:991133904
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.209.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200908.6435
    AntiSpam version:6.0.0.1429

aol Guest

Thanks for your input Sky Soldiers.

I am using Firefox 3.5.2, so this may be the problem. When I have uninstalled, I did as you have done, ticked to remove profiles, customization, etc., deleted all mozzilla folders including prefetch and profiles, ran ccleaner and registry booster. Still forcefiled brings up the old profiles. In the prefetch folder I see a forcefield.exe file, shall I delete it? Or if you say that firefox 3.5.2 is still not supported, I will wait until it is and if it does not work correctly with the current setup, reinstall. In any case is there a way to delete forcefield cached files and folders, and where are they, so I can see if this corrects the problem or not?

I have 9 licenses of which I am using 2 only, as extreme when installed on my desktop all goes well, but when I reboot the PC just hangs with a blank screen without booting. I have to go back to version 7. I am sorry to say it but I have tried ZA support and they are totally useless, they do not even understand what you are talking about, they have no suggestions to the particular questions, just a link to the clean uninstall file. I have given up on ZA support, now it is nil. Not what it used to be a couple of years ago.

I have decided to stay with v7 on the XP computers until Windows 7 comes along to see if it is any better than Vista, the worst OS I have seen since Windows 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Soldiers View Post
    FYI : I have used this method of choice since standalone ForceField version 1.1.079.00 released to the public on July 28, 2008. To this day I have yet to have an issue with Firefox and ForceField.

I just uninstall Firefox to see if any flaw in instructions given.Have reinstall Firefox.Configure settings, restore Bookmarks, and install Add-ons.I only use two Add-ons.Adblock Plus 1.1.1 and NoScript 1.9.8.1 .With NoScript I Import the Whitelist.txt file.Close Firefox.Load ForceField and Clear virtual data.Start Firefox and I'm ready to go.

You have to remember that when uninstalling Firefox not to save your setting when ask.( Remove my Firefox personal data and customization ) .By doing this it deletes Mozilla completely.No profiles.ini ( Configuration Settings ).So no way of restoring old profiles.

Footnote : This would also apply if using ForceField in ZAES.

XP SP3
    Firefox/3.0.13 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
    ForceField version:1.3.153.0 ( Standalone )
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:8.0.400.020
    TrueVector version:8.0.400.020
    Driver version:8.0.400.020
    Anti-virus engine version:6.0.2.678
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:991133904
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.209.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200908.6435
    AntiSpam version:6.0.0.1429
    Last edited by aol; August 19th, 2009 at 11:25 PM.

aol : " I am using Firefox 3.5.2, so this may be the problem. "

That's the culprit.Use Firefox/3.0.13.It's fully supported by ZoneAlarm.Mozilla will support Firefox/3.0.13 till January 2010.

ZoneAlarm has a beta in the works that addresses this.So be patient, your are safe running Firefox/3.0.13 .

aol : " I have to go back to version 7 "

AS you can see I have no issues with ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:8.0.400.020 and Firefox/3.0.13

Have a nice Day

Thread Information