Thread: Help

Sean O Guest

Default Help

I purchased zonealarm from there website but when downloadind, an error message from zonealarm appeared stating "An error occured installing the package. Windows Installer "1636"." I do not have another antivirus program and I cant get a response from zonealarm's tech support. How do I fix this?
    Last edited by Forum-Moderator; September 2nd, 2009 at 05:51 PM.

Post Re: Help

Quote Originally Posted by Sean O View Post
    I purchased zonealarm from there website but when downloadind, an error message from zonealarm appeared stating "An error occured installing the package. Windows Installer "1636"." I do not have another antivirus program and I cant get a response from zonealarm's tech support. How do I fix this?

http://s118.photobucket.com/albums/o...h_1welcome.gif to the Zone Alarm User Forum..

It sounds like You have a Bad or incomplete Copy of ZoneAlarm..
    The Windows Installer Error, is an indication that the File you Downloaded was Corrupted durring the download.

It is Sometimes very Difficult to Diagnose and fix a Computer from halfway across the Country, without All the Details,without the ability to sit in front of your Computer monitor and see what's going on..

B.) It looks like your Have Corrupted your Installed ZA files The Best Fix for this problem is to Uninstall the Corrupte Version..

The simplest procedure is to :

1.Download the Latestinstallerpreferably with IE Browserand no Download Manager/accelerator like Get-Right, Livewire, BitTorrent) and save it to your Hard drive.

(MultiPlatform,installer will install on Both WinXP and Vista)

ZAFREE http://www.zonealarm.com/security/en-us/free-upgrade-security-suite-zonealarm-firewall.htm
    ZAAV http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...seHistory.html
    ZASS http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...seHistory.html
    ZAXS http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/free/information/zaxs/releaseHistory.html

2. Before you Uninstall your current ZA, UNcheck "Load ZA... at startup" (under Overview - Preferences tab)

3. Reboot the Computer. So that vsmon.exe/TrueVector will be removed from Memory

4.) Now use the new ZoneAlarm Removal Tool: Click here http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...cpes_clean.exe
    Save to desktop, right click and "run as administrator" This tool will remove all ZoneAlarm products from your system.

Please just download and run the tool, following the instructions. (you can un-install without net connections)

5.) Now Install the new update (clean) and Accept the default Setting, Auto-Learn Mode and Choose Trusted Zone, not Internet Zone..

NOTICE: Please note that ZASS and ZAXS do not play nice with many overlapping security tools (even if disabled).
    To troubleshoot ZASS/ZAXS issues removethe other Security programs and re-install them once you see that ZA works as it should.

For example,Norton/Symantec, McAfee,AVG, Spyspweeper, Spyware Doctor, trojan hunter, adware, SpyBotSearch & Destroy, PC tools Threat Fire, any other Anti-virus, Anti-spyware, Registry Guard or locking tools, etc...

Please Post back with your Progress Report..
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

vwj37 Guest

Default Re: Help

This is EXACTLY the error messege I get when trying to re-install my Zonalarm Pro.

I've just installed Windows7 64bit and am currently reinstalling everything on a fresh hard drive and the only other antivirus I have is BitDefender.

I've tried the installer three times without any luck

So I found this thread and followed your suggestions, even tried using the removal tool (eventhough there's nothing there) and even that malfunctioned with "The program can't start because VSUTIL.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling to fix this problem"!

Help me out as i'd like to get this firewall up asap?!

Thanks . . . . Alex
    Last edited by vwj37; August 19th, 2009 at 09:57 PM.

Exclamation Re: Help

Quote Originally Posted by vwj37 View Post
    This is EXACTLY the error messege I get when trying to re-install my Zonalarm Pro.

I've just installed Windows7 64bit and am currently reinstalling everything on a fresh hard drive and the only other antivirus I have is BitDefender.

I've tried the installer three times without any luck

So I found this thread and followed your suggestions, even tried using the removal tool (eventhough there's nothing there) and even that malfunctioned with "The program can't start because VSUTIL.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling to fix this problem"!

Help me out as i'd like to get this firewall up asap?!

Thanks . . . . Alex

It is Sometimes very Difficult to Diagnose and fix a Computer from halfway across the Country,
    without All the Details,without the ability to sit in front of your Computer monitor and see what's going on..

1.) I'm Sorry but ALL Versions of Zone Alarm Version 8.0 are NOT COMPATIBLE with Windows 7, they were Released Way before Windows 7 was still in Beta testing..

When you Jump on the Band wagon to be the first on the Block to Try out the New Windows Operating System, you must Consider Compatibility with Old Software, Availability of Device drivers etc..

2.) There is a BETA TEST of ZA Extreme Security and ZA Anti-Virus 9.0
    that is in BETA TESTING that will Support Windows 7.0, But Several Bugs have been reported with Windows 7 in this BETA that are being Fixed..

I have no ETA on when a Distribution of Zone Alarm Pro 9.0 will be available but Pans are to have ZA 9.0 ready when Windows 7.0 is Out of BETA Testing October 23rd..

---------------------
    ZoneAlarm Extreme Security Beta version:9.0.068.000
    TrueVector version:9.0.068.000
    Driver version:9.0.068.000
    Anti-virus engine version:8.0.1.33
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:991177920
    AntiSpam version:6.0.0.2083
    ZoneAlarm 1.5.23.0
    ZoneAlarm ForceField Spyware Scanner 1.5.23.0
    ZoneAlarm ForceField Anti-Phishing Database 1.2.101.0
    ZoneAlarm ForceField Spyware Sites Database 03.800
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Hello,

We are aware of this issue and are fixing a server communication issue.

Please try again in 4-6 hours and we should have most of the installer issues fixed.

Best regards,
    Forum Moderator

Hello,

We are still experiencing intermittent download issues.

ZoneAlarm is working closely with our global download content provider to resolve this issue.

We are collecting data from users who having problems. While we don't have a fix for you we like you to contact our support dept by live chat so we can collect some data.

Contact us at: www.zonealarm.com/support

Then click on the live chat icon.

Best regards
    Forum Moderator
    ZoneAlarm

Thread Information