Thread: ZoneAlarm prevents ingame sever browser ..Please help!

swiftyone Guest

Default ZoneAlarm prevents ingame sever browser ..Please help!

Hello,

I had ZoneAlarm security suite version 8.0.400.020, all was working sweet, the only game I play online is Unreal Tournament 3, which has it's own in-game browser, and is played though "Steam", the above version of ZoneAlarm was configured to use this game and worked well.

I have now upgraded to the latest ZoneAlarm security suite version 9.0.083.000, all my settings and con-figs were transfered over to the new version, But now when I load up UT3, though "Steam" all is OK, I can connect to "Steam" and login to my account and password in UT3, BUT, when I go to UT3 in-game browser, I can not connect to ANY online server, if I try to do so, the game freezes,
    I know that it's ZA causing the problem, because I can shut down ZA and restart UT3 and all is OK I can then connect to any server from inside UT3's in-game browser, when I try this with ZA running I can not connect and the game freezes

From ZA Program Control, I have Program Control = Auto-Learn, SmartDefense Advisor = Auto, and checked that all my setting are all still the same, have allowed access to "Steam" and also to UT3, Have tried also Ctrl/Shift and reset ZA, But can not connect to UT3 in-game sever browser while ZA is running
    Is there a solution to this please!....I am Running Windows XP Pro SP3.

Thanks for any help that is given

Swifty

Default Re: ZoneAlarm prevents ingame sever browser ..Please help!

Hi!
    have you looked into the ZA logs? Set the logs to high and check if anything is blocked. It may give you some hints in where the problem lays.

Also selectively disable the different parts of ZA (firewall, program control, etc) to try to isolare the conflicting module.

Finally, if no users have idea here, contact the official ZA technical support. Link in my signature.

Cheers,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

swiftyone Guest

Quote Originally Posted by fax View Post
    Hi!
    have you looked into the ZA logs? Set the logs to high and check if anything is blocked. It may give you some hints in where the problem lays.

Also selectively disable the different parts of ZA (firewall, program control, etc) to try to isolare the conflicting module.

Finally, if no users have idea here, contact the official ZA technical support. Link in my signature.

Cheers,
    Fax
    Thanks for the reply Fax, cant see any probs with the logs at all..Nothing blocked. Disabled Firewall, program control, etc, still won't connect....Live Chat is not available, so sent support an email....I also uninstalled ZA v9.0.083.000 and reinstalled the old version 8.0.400.020. Game works a charm on that version ??? (Confused)...Lets see what tech support has to say Thanks again m8...But I think the new ZA 9.0.083.000 has got a problem somewhere.

Cheers, Swifty

Quote Originally Posted by swiftyone View Post
    Live Chat is not available, so sent support an email.... Swifty
    Ok! Thanks.
    The best is to contact support when they are on live chat otherwise you may need to wait some days.

Cheers,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information