Thread: Internet Lock is Disabled Upon Signin

Hybrid View

glorya Guest

Default Internet Lock is Disabled Upon Signin

I am using ZA Internet Security Suite 8.0.298, OS WinXP-3 and a Netgear router on my desktop with wireless adapter on another desktop and wireless to my laptop. When I sign on to ZA, my internet lock is disabled and I must "repair" it to get online. This is a very recent problem and I don't know why it is occurring. I am a senior newbie to all this and have gained what little insight I have to most things on the PC by reading forums with the great help received. Could someone please tell me how to set things "right" again so when I sign on my PC, I automatically am connected to the internet? Thank you

glorya Guest

Default Re: Internet Lock is Disabled Upon Signin

OMG, I meant to say Internet Lock is ENABLED upon sign in ..

Post Re: Internet Lock is Disabled Upon Signin

Quote Originally Posted by glorya View Post
    I am using ZA Internet Security Suite 8.0.298, OS WinXP-3 and a Netgear router on my desktop with wireless adapter on another desktop and wireless to my laptop. When I sign on to ZA, my internet lock is disabled and I must "repair" it to get online. This is a very recent problem and I don't know why it is occurring. I am a senior newbie to all this and have gained what little insight I have to most things on the PC by reading forums with the great help received. Could someone please tell me how to set things "right" again so when I sign on my PC, I automatically am connected to the internet? Thank you
    to the Zone Alarm User Forum..

1.) Click Firewall/Main page
    Internet Zone Security = High
    Trusted Zone Security = Med.

2.) In your ZoneAlarm Control Center Click on Firewall
    Then Click Zones

Make Sure Everything Listed in the Zones page is in the Trusted Zone not Internet Zone..

3.) Click Program Control / Main page
    Program Control on Auto or on MAX.
    SmartDefense Advisor on Auto

Automatic Lock = OFF

Does these setting Help you?
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

glorya Guest

Default Re: Internet Lock is iEnabled Upon Signin

No GeorgeV, after making the changes you suggested I rebooted the PC plus the router and the internet Lock was enabled again. Any other suggestions? BTW I changed the title to what is actually happening "Enabled" vs "Disabled" as I had mistakenly typed originally.

Thumbs up Re: Internet Lock is iEnabled Upon Signin

No GeorgeV, after making the changes you suggested I rebooted the PC plus the router and the internet Lock was enabled again. Any other suggestions? BTW I changed the title to what is actually happening "Enabled" vs "Disabled" as I had mistakenly typed originally.

Thank you for your Feedback..

I have two other possuble solutions for you to try..

A.) ZA Internet Security Suite 8.0.298, OS WinXP-3
    Is this WinXP Service Pack 3? That is what ZASS for XP works best with,

B.) There is a Newer Upgrade Version of ZASS 8.0.400.020 that has been available for Manual downloqad sor 3 or 4 months now,,

The simplest procedure is to :

1.Download the Latestinstallerpreferably with IE Browserand no Download Manager/accelerator like Get-Right, Livewire, BitTorrent) and save it to your Hard drive.

(MultiPlatform,installer will install on Both WinXP and Vista)

ZASS http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...seHistory.html

2. Before you Uninstall your current ZA, UNcheck "Load ZA... at startup" (under Overview - Preferences tab)

3. Reboot the Computer. So that vsmon.exe/TrueVector will be removed from Memory

4.) Now use the new ZoneAlarm Removal Tool: Click here http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...cpes_clean.exe

Save to desktop, right click and "run as administrator" This tool will remove all ZoneAlarm products from your system.

Please just download and run the tool, following the instructions. (you can un-install without net connections)

5.) Now Install the new update (clean) and Accept the default Setting, Auto-Learn Mode and Choose Trusted Zone, not Internet Zone..

NOTICE: Please note that ZASS and ZAXS do not play nice with many overlapping security tools (even if disabled).

To troubleshoot ZASS/ZAXS issues removethe
    other Security programs and re-install them once you see that ZA works as it should.

For example,Norton/Symantec, McAfee,AVG, Spyspweeper, Spyware Doctor, trojan hunter, adware, SpyBotSearch & Destroy, PC tools Threat Fire, any other Anti-virus, Anti-spyware, Registry Guard or locking tools, etc...

Please Post back with your Progress Report..

===============================

The Final Solution is to Contact Zone Alarm Tech support directly with the Full details of you Problem, and include Windows OS and SP Update, and Version /Update of ZoneAlarm, and any other security Programs installed..

The Link to Live Text Chat to Tech Support in in my Signature block..

Please Post back with your Progress Report..
    GeorgeV

glorya Guest

I don't know if at this time I want to uninstall, reinstall, etc. so I may just live with this problem for awhile; however, I will print your instructions and go over them until I have enough confidence to follow them. I did click on the link you supplied (thank you) for chat with ZA. One of the blanks to fill in before submission has a drop down menu and asks what the problem is related to. There is nothing suggested for help with a problem. And, yes, I use WIN-XP Service Pack 3. What is so upsetting for me is that this problem just occurred out of the blue. Outside of Windows updates, I haven't downloaded anything nor made any changes to my PC. I wonder if somehow the WIN update/s is/are the culprit/s.

I don't know if at this time I want to uninstall, reinstall, etc. so I may just live with this problem for awhile; however, I will print your instructions and go over them until I have enough confidence to follow them. I did click on the link you supplied (thank you) for chat with ZA. One of the blanks to fill in before submission has a drop down menu and asks what the problem is related to. There is nothing suggested for help with a problem. And, yes, I use WIN-XP Service Pack 3. What is so upsetting for me is that this problem just occurred out of the blue. Outside of Windows updates, I haven't downloaded anything nor made any changes to my PC. I wonder if somehow the WIN update/s is/are the culprit/s.
    Thanks for your feedback..

The Live Chat Defaults to Customer Service, so all the Reasons in that problem Pull down are Related to Customer Service Problems

If you look at the Last Pull Down under the Phone Number line
    Select Tech Support.. and make sure you have Entered your License Number in Line above..

A Tech Support Representative will ask what your problem is..

It is Sometimes very Difficult to Diagnose and fix a Computer from halfway across the Country,
    without All the Details,without the ability to sit in front of your Computer monitor and see what's going on..

So Please Provide Tech Support Full details about your Computer and the Version and update of the Zone Alarm that your having a problem with..

Good Luck..

Please Let me know what you find out..
    Last edited by GeorgeV; August 21st, 2009 at 12:11 PM. Reason: fix Typo
    GeorgeV

Thread Information