Thread: Netflix and ZoneAlarm

Hybrid View

TomSky4U Guest

Question Netflix and ZoneAlarm

I having a problem, hope someone can tell me what to do. I want to view on-line movies with NetFlix..I have no sound at all but have the picture..Called Netflix Support and they say the trouble is coming from the ZoneAlarm settings..Can someone tell me how to setup ZoneAlarm to work with Netflix? Thanks..

Default Re: Netflix and ZoneAlarm

Hi!
    which version of ZA?

Right click on the ZA icon --> about --> copy to clipboard --> paste it here

Cheers,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

scrhoads Guest

Cool Re: Netflix and ZoneAlarm

After loading ZoneAlarm Extreme Security, I have NO SOUND when trying to watch the Instantly Viewable movies on NETFLIX. All other sounds are functioning. I have sound on Youtube and other web/streaming video, but absolutely no sound from Netflix Instant Videos.
    I uninstalled ZoneAlarm Extreme Security and restarted my computer ~ I have FULL SOUND from NETFLIX instant videos.
    I reinstalled ZoneAlarm Extreme Security ~ NO SOUND from NETFLIX Instant Movies.

I need to know if their are setting that I need to change or something else I can try to get sound. Netflix instant videos are Microsoft "Silverlight" videos ~ maybe that will give someone a clue as to why they will not play with sound.

Any ideas?

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Extreme Security

Default Re: Netflix and ZoneAlarm

Hello,

please do not double post. Just follow-up on the required information as posted in the other thread.

Thank you

Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information