Thread: Help Help Help with downloading and installation

bravefeather Guest

Thumbs down Help Help Help with downloading and installation

I wrote before about a problem I'm having downloading the free version of Zone alarm for Vista 64bit. Every time it starts to download after a few minutes I get the message Server not responding. This has happened six times so far. After I wrote the first time about this I heard from one person who was new to the forum and all he did was say hi. Isn't there any one out there with some helpful advice or suggestions for this problem. Why can't Check Point come up with an easier download system that doesn't create all of these problems. As of right now I'm still relayiung on the windows firewall for protection and don't fell good about it. So someone please help me with this problem. Thanks, lee

Default Re: Help Help Help with downloading and installation

Hello!
    a search on the board could have been beneficial. Like here

Cheers,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

bravefeather Guest

Thank's for the link. I am downloading the file now. I hope it works other wise I give up. If Check point ever does come up with an easier way to download and install I'll give it another try. I tried to download the uninstall that someone else recommended but its not compatible with sysetms 32 so the message said when I tried to run it. Thanks again here's hoping. lee

Quote Originally Posted by bravefeather View Post
    Thank's for the link. I am downloading the file now. I hope it works other wise I give up. If Check point ever does come up with an easier way to download and install I'll give it another try. I tried to download the uninstall that someone else recommended but its not compatible with sysetms 32 so the message said when I tried to run it. Thanks again here's hoping. lee
    Good luck, but I guess you have something wrong on your end. Unistall tool is compatible with 32bit systems. You can always manual unistall in safe mode. See ZA KB

Fax

bravefeather Guest

Bad news Guru I tried to download the link you recommended but no luck. It only downloaded about 378kb before it quit and gave me the following message. c:\user\pc\downloads\zasetup_80_298_000_en.exe is not a valid win 32 application.

I just have no idea what the problem is with this thing. The computer is only three weeks old and has Windows Vista home premium 64bit on it. But I've been running in to a lot of problems with downloads. But Zonealarm has been the worse one of all. So I just don't know what to do. lee

Must be your connection or already infected by malware...
    Sorry I have no further suggestion for you.

Cheers,
    Fax

Thread Information