Thread: virtual data wont clear?

logan86 Guest

Post virtual data wont clear?

i have noticed that clicking on the clear virtual data button in forcefields menu does nothing. it says warning all browser windows will be closed etc etc. but then when i press ok, all browser windows close, and then just nothing. if i hover over protection after opening up a new browser, all the data is still there. if not more sometimes!

the other thing which really has been bothering me is... is there no tech support for zone alarm at all. having to pay $50 or whatever it was is just insane. and why is there no email tech support. surely that would be very simple. most free products have all kinds of tech support, let alone something thats a paid product. it makes me kind of mad.

anyways, anyone else having the same issues with forcefield, or know how to fix it. any help is much appreciated.

logan86 Guest

Default Re: virtual data wont clear?

oh, i should also mention that this happens in any browser. ie or firefox, just does nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by logan86 View Post
    the other thing which really has been bothering me is... is there no tech support for zone alarm at all. having to pay $50 or whatever it was is just insane.
    Hallo,
    Pay? Not correct. With a valid license you can contact, free of charge, the ZA technical support at the link in my signature (see time).

Cheers,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

stormsy Guest

i have noticed that clicking on the clear virtual data button in forcefields menu does nothing. it says warning all browser windows will be closed etc etc. but then when i press ok, all browser windows close, and then just nothing. if i hover over protection after opening up a new browser, all the data is still there. if not more sometimes!...

...anyways, anyone else having the same issues with forcefield, or know how to fix it. any help is much appreciated....
    Okay - first thing, the "Protection Activity" button that I am assuming you are referring to in the web-browser is just statistics - nothing more. It just tells you how much data it has blocked etc. The only way you can zero all of those numbers is to re-install ForceField again - am I correct in that Guru Fax?

Clearing the virtual data in ForceField will have no affect on the "Protection Activity." I think you may have got yourself slightly confused there. When I first used ForceField I too got the wrong idea about it - until I posted here and somebody replied back.

Thanks,
    Stormsy.
    Last edited by stormsy; August 25th, 2009 at 02:12 AM. Reason: Updating.

logan86 Guest

thanks so much for your help guys. its funny actually, now that you say it, it seems kind of obvious. i feel silly now

stormsy Guest

thanks so much for your help guys. its funny actually, now that you say it, it seems kind of obvious. i feel silly now
    Belive me - I have been there and done it too!

Quote Originally Posted by stormsy View Post
    Okay - first thing, the "Protection Activity" button that I am assuming you are referring to in the web-browser is just statistics - nothing more. It just tells you how much data it has blocked etc. The only way you can zero all of those numbers is to re-install ForceField again - am I correct in that Guru Fax? Stormsy.
    Thats correct, it tells you the data that have been filtered and contained within the sandbox (not necessarily blocked).

In ZA Extreme you can reset the counters in the same pop-up window that you get by clicking on the ZA browser security banner in the center of the ZA control center.

Cheers,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information