Thread: Intermittent Access to the Internet

drdave17 Guest

Unhappy Intermittent Access to the Internet

Folks I am using 64 Bit Windows Vista Premium on my Dell Studio XPS 13 Laptop and installed the CheckPoint ZoneAlarm Free version but when I try to get online I only connect for a few minutes then I am blocked. Connection was reset.

When I disable ZA I can access the Internet without interruption. Enabled, negative. Just intermittent connections.

Help will be much appreciated.

Thanks
    Dave

slemay Guest

Default Re: Intermittent Access to the Internet

I am also using ZoneAlarm Extreme on an HP Turion based system, with Windows Home Premium x64. I use an 802.11g connection to a Netgear Wireless Access Point. I get intermitent network connection to the internet, it appears 2 out of 3 times when the laptop is connecting the the wireless access point it gets stuck and cannot complete the DHCP transaction and connect thru the router to the internet. From startup every once in awhile this connection works, although it takes a long time to connect, but 2 out of 3 times it just gets stuck. Kill ZA and reconnect to wireless and connection is made right away. ZA can be restarted after that point. I do have DCHP and DNS enabled in the Trusted Zone... didn't help. ZA tech, please help us!!!?

Default Re: Intermittent Access to the Internet

Quote Originally Posted by slemay View Post
    ZA tech, please help us!!!?
    Hi!
    ZA tech is not here, this is a USER forum. For ZA technical support see my link in signature. Contact them when they are online (See time).

Cheers,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information