Thread: Windows Modules Installer Windows Update disabled > Don't touch the default settings

yarok Guest

Default Windows Modules Installer Windows Update disabled > Don't touch the default settings

Installed ZAP 9.0.083.000 on a Vista Home 32-bit system.

Immediately following the installation:

Windows Modules Installer stopped working with error "WindowsWcpOtherFailure3".

As a result, the Control Panel Windows Update is not working.

In Custom Program Control Settings, I disabled "Enable Microsoft Catalog Utilization" and "Enable Timing Attack Prevention" - but the problem remained.

Microsoft has no solution.

Anyone came across same problem?

Yarok

Default Re: Windows Modules Installer and Windows Update disabled

Hello!

ZA 9 has been released today. It is usually good norm to wait for the ZA automatic update to advise you of the new version. This is only active if the release is considered solid. If you have done an upgrade try a clean install. Remove ZA, check that windows works as it should and install back ZAPRO.

You must disable other security tools during installation. Also exclude vsmon.exe and zlclient.exe from the antivirus scanning.

If all the above fails contact ZA support. Link in my signature.

Cheers,
    Fax
    Last edited by fax; September 3rd, 2009 at 02:22 AM.

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

yarok Guest

Default MULTIPLE PROBLEMS with ZAP 9

snip *** ToS ***

ADDITIONAL PROBLEMS

The new, catastrophic, ZAP 9 has now also disabled Installers of all kinds on my system, including Microsoft and Windows installers.

It also corrupts downloaded EXE files, so they cannot run.

I am running Vista Home SP2, 32-bit. ZAP9 may simply not be compatible with Vista SP2.

Yarok
    Last edited by fax; September 3rd, 2009 at 02:22 AM. Reason: Change of subject line + ToS

Default Re: MULTIPLE PROBLEMS with ZAP 9

Quote Originally Posted by yarok View Post
    ADDITIONAL PROBLEMS

The new, catastrophic, ZAP 9 has now also disabled Installers of all kinds on my system, including Microsoft and Windows installers.

It also corrupts downloaded EXE files, so they cannot run.

I am running Vista Home SP2, 32-bit. ZAP9 may simply not be compatible with Vista SP2. Yarok
    Hi!
    it is important you report directly to ZA technical support, they do not monitor this board. We are all users here. Also there is little point opening multiple threads about the same problem.

Please keep us informed of the progress in troubleshooting and please stick to the ZA issue. No comment on ZA, Gurus or whatever.

Link to ZA technical support in my signature.

Cheers,
    Fax
    Last edited by fax; September 3rd, 2009 at 02:23 AM.

yarok Guest

Exclamation Setup launcher disabled

ADDITIONAL DAMAGES BY ZAP 9

ZAP 9 now disables setup launchers. As a result, cannot install programs.

Will continue to report problems as they develop.

TROUBLESHOOTING PROGRESS

ZAP 9 released 4 days ago after extensive betas which lasted 3 months. Wrote to ZAP support to ask if ZAP9 compatible with vista. No response. Will keep you posted.

Reported to ZA support four days ago about Windows Update problem. Received a ticket. No response. Will keep you posted.

Reported again two days ago and yesterday. More tickets. Not a hint of a response. Will keep you posted.

Checked my spam and trash folders. Nothing.

At the same time, I received 3 responses from Microsoft. Still waiting for ZA.

Yarok
    Last edited by yarok; September 3rd, 2009 at 05:04 AM.

Default Re: Setup launcher disabled

Reported again two days ago and yesterday. More tickets. Not a hint of a response. Will keep you posted.
    The best is to contact ZA support when live chat is active, this way the issue will be dealt on the spot with no waiting or e-mailing needed.

Cheers,
    Fax

yarok Guest

Tried that. Succeeded twice. On both occasions they asked me ... to send them an email with screenshots and the like!!!

Haven't heard from them since.

But thanks for responding anyhow. I know you do not represent ZA. Just thought that someone could share a tip or advice on how to get them to respond.

Yarok

Haven't heard from them since.
    Yarok
    Contact them again via live chat and make reference to the ticket. You need to follow-up with them.

If ZA 9 is so problematic and you want to continue to use ZA, the best is to install back version 8 and wait for an update that will come before the release of windows 7. Ask support for assistance to install back ZA8

Cheers,
    Fax

yarok Guest

Dear Fax,

I followed your suggestion: uninstalled 9 and reinstalled 8. Many thanks.

You write:

"If ZA 9 is so problematic and you want to continue to use ZA, the best is to install back version 8 and wait for an update that will come before the release of windows 7."

Are you referring to version 9.0.112.000 which was released today, or do you advise me to wait until after Windows 7 is out?

According to the release notes of version 9.0.112.000, ZA seem to have tackled many issues related to IE7, but none of the issues that I raised (installers, Windows Update, corrupted downloaded EXE files, etc.)

Many thanks.

Y.
    Last edited by yarok; September 23rd, 2009 at 06:36 AM. Reason: Added sentence

Hi!
    if you want to install version 9, I would personally recommend not to touch the default settings especially the program control ones. If you keep the defaults your ZA will work flawlessly.

Most probably new versions will be released before the launch of win7 (end of October).

Cheers,
    Fax

Thread Information