Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone installed ZA Pro 9.0.083.000?

za_avastfan Guest

Default Anyone installed ZA Pro 9.0.083.000?

- Has anyone installed the new version of ZA Pro 9.0.083.000?

- If yes, did you have any installation problems?

- Is your system now running as expected?

- Do you have a reduction in speed of your processor?

- What do you think about the absence of the anti-spyware function?

Would really appreciate your comments, thoughts and suggestions!

Thanks,

ZA_avastfan

Default Re: Anyone installed ZA Pro 9.0.083.000?

Yes on XP SP3.

I first backed up my settings for the previous version (8.xxx) then did a clean uninstall (by adding {space}/clean to the end of the ZA uninstall shortcut target line; that uninstalls all files and registry except for licence key info).

No installation problems (did not ask for license key). Restored my backup settings after the reboot, which it accepted without problems. Registered iself after first reboot.

No noticeable reduction speed. A small reduction in memory usage. About the same delay in Windows startup time to fully useable desktop. System running as smoothly as before.

I have NAV 2009 doing real time monitoring plus several other apps for on demand scanning.so actually don't miss ZA Pro's antispyware :-)
    Last edited by jrosenfeld; September 1st, 2009 at 05:46 AM.

za_avastfan Guest

Hi JRosenfeld,

Thanks for your response. I took the risk and installed ZA Pro 9.0.083.000.

- No installation problems evident.

- Computer rebooted and started without exception.

- No evident reduction in speed.

- When starting Firefox 3.5.2, the dreaded 'ZoneAlarm detected stability problem' box appears.

- I think this is related to ZoneAlarm Forcefield. I couldn't access the 'settings' tab on the toolbar button for Forcefield.

- So I have disabled the toolbar in Firefox, rebooted and I hope to Christ that these messages don't keep appearing.

- I trialled Forcefield when it was a stand alone product and remember similar problems.

I would be interested to hear anybody's thoughts, comments or suggestions on this.

Thanks

ZA_avastfan

swiftyone Guest

Quote Originally Posted by za_avastfan View Post
    - Has anyone installed the new version of ZA Pro 9.0.083.000?

- If yes, did you have any installation problems?

- Is your system now running as expected?

- Do you have a reduction in speed of your processor?

- What do you think about the absence of the anti-spyware function?

Would really appreciate your comments, thoughts and suggestions!

Thanks,

ZA_avastfan
    I upgraded to this newer version yesterday, I was amazed by my PC's added performance, and it actually cut down my memory resources by half....But unfortunately, has caused a big problem with the only game I run online, and had to uninstall, then reinstall back the old version....Read my post here: http://forums.zonealarm.com/showthread.php?t=70320

Swifty

Hi JRosenfeld,

Thanks for your response. I took the risk and installed ZA Pro 9.0.083.000.

- No installation problems evident.

- Computer rebooted and started without exception.

- No evident reduction in speed.

- When starting Firefox 3.5.2, the dreaded 'ZoneAlarm detected stability problem' box appears.

- I think this is related to ZoneAlarm Forcefield. I couldn't access the 'settings' tab on the toolbar button for Forcefield.

- So I have disabled the toolbar in Firefox, rebooted and I hope to Christ that these messages don't keep appearing.

- I trialled Forcefield when it was a stand alone product and remember similar problems.

I would be interested to hear anybody's thoughts, comments or suggestions on this.

Thanks

ZA_avastfan

Hi za_avastfan:

I installed ZA Pro last night and am currently running it with NOD32 version 4 and have not had any problems with it. They are actually running great so far and there is no loss in internet speed. I no longer use Firefox anymore so unfortunately can't comment on browser security with it but it is working great with Internet Explorer 8.

Regards,
    NNard

hammernu Guest

Other online game problems: For Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare and Call of Duty World at War, both ingame server browsers work but the ping rates are horrible and the mouse pointer will barely move. I've also tried disabling the Firewall, Anti-virus, Program Control, etc. one by one, but the only thing that works is to shut down ZoneAlarm. I'm going back to the previous version since shutting down is not a viable option.

Quote Originally Posted by hammernu View Post
    Other online game problems: For Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare and Call of Duty World at War, both ingame server browsers work but the ping rates are horrible and the mouse pointer will barely move. I've also tried disabling the Firewall, Anti-virus, Program Control, etc. one by one, but the only thing that works is to shut down ZoneAlarm. I'm going back to the previous version since shutting down is not a viable option.
    This thread is about ZA Pro. You have different software. Please post in a separate thread to avoid confusion.
    Last edited by jrosenfeld; September 3rd, 2009 at 04:27 AM.

Hi JRosenfeld,

Thanks

ZA_avastfan
    I use neither Firefox nor Forcefield, so can't comment about possible problems with those. I did not install any toolbars during install of ZA pro.

justacafe Guest

I installed the latest version last night and it has really screwed up my broswers, closing windows completely when I click on that tab. And WinAmp is fucked up, and some games won't operate so smoothly. I'd like to uninstall this and go back to my previous version. Does anyone know the proper procedure for doing this? I could use the help.
    Last edited by justacafe; September 3rd, 2009 at 04:49 AM.

superjohn Guest

Exclamation Re: Anyone installed ZA Pro 9.0.083.000?

Two failures.

Windows XP SP3 [corrected]

I tried installing ZA Pro 9.0.083.000 twice, had to go to Safe Mode both times to uninstall it. Both times, when I clicked to restart Windows to complete the installation, Windows shut down ok but started up real slow -- my wallpaper filling the screen for a while before the icons finally appeared, nothing responding when I clicked it, my cursor turning into an hourglass whenever I put it on the toolbar, nothing happening that I could tell when I tried Ctrl+Alt+Delete to try to get Taskmanager. Hitting the reboot button worked ok, but I ended up with the same frozen screen. I turned my computer off, then restarted it, same results.
    Last edited by superjohn; September 3rd, 2009 at 12:16 PM. Reason: Correction: Windows XP SP3, not SP1

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information