Thread: ZA Security Suite 9.0.083

zorkoff Guest

Default ZA Security Suite 9.0.083

Does anyone else have any experience with ZASS 9.0.083.000?

I tried to post my observations 3 times, but it was tossed out. FAX suggested that my post was too big (25 lines last try).

I'll try to add it in pieces in reply to this thread.

zorkoff Guest

Default Re: ZA Security Suite 9.0.083

Zone Alarm Security Suite (ZASS) 9.0.083.000 was installed on 9/2/09 after a clean removal of the previous version.

1. The new version 9 fixed some problems viewing images on the Newegg.com pages for "Internet Specials" accessed from their email link.

2. I have not had any problems with Logins expiring on Yahoo as happened with the old version and the Privacy feature playing with cookies.

3. So far I have not had any problems with slow shutdown. That was a major problem with prior versions, each on the same hardware configuration and the Windows XP SP-3 operating system:

4. The computer seems to be snappier in loading web pages, but I cannot quantify this.

5. The Anti-Virus/Anti-Spyware scan was much faster.

So far, it looks like ZASS 9.0.083.000 is a big improvement.

zorkoff Guest

I tried to give my history of slow shutdown problems starting with ZASS 8.0.020.000, but it looks like any attempt to post a list of release numbers is immeadiately deleted by the forum software (Moderator must approve message). This was even for a short 8 line post.

So let me say that the last two releases would hang on shutdown about 50% of the time and it would hang with a blank screen for hours. I had to regularly use the Power Button to shutdown.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkoff View Post
    I tried to give my history of slow shutdown problems starting with ZASS 8.0.020.000, but it looks like any attempt to post a list of release numbers is immeadiately deleted by the forum software (Moderator must approve message). This was even for a short 8 line post.

So let me say that the last two releases would hang on shutdown about 50% of the time and it would hang with a blank screen for hours. I had to regularly use the Power Button to shutdown.

It sounds like you may have other problems with your Install of Windows..

The RED statement above May explain part of your Problem..

Every time you use the Power Button to Force a Shut down of the Computer, either durring a Freeze up or to Speed up the shut down process, you Rick CORRUPTING some Windows Utilities, and any other Programs or Data not properly closed durring the Shut down process..

I recomend that you use Windows "CHKDSK /F" to check for Corrupted System files and other programs and the /F will try to Fix any problems it Finds..

Good Luck..
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thumbs up Re: ZA Security Suite 9.0.083

Hi!
    thank you for taking the time to report the positive experience with the new version 9

Cheers,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information