Thread: [SOLVED] No automatic AV update -> Reset the settings

Hybrid View

eddie209 Guest

Default [SOLVED] No automatic AV update -> Reset the settings

Hi, I'm running valid licensed ZASS 9.0.083 on two computers, one Windows 7 (official build 7600) and one Windows XP SP3. Both installations are fully updated using Windows Update. The ZASS installation on Windows 7 was a clean install (never had any ZA product on that machine before), the installation on Windows XP was an upgrade from the latest ZASS 8 version (which worked fine).

I have set ZA to update AV every hour on both machines, but nothing happens for days! If I update manually by clicking the "Update Now" button the update is downloaded and updated fine (although it takes a long time, maybe 5 minutes). Changing back to the default "Update every 3 hours" does not make it update automatically.

Any idea on how to solve the problem on these two very different computers with the same problem? Anyone else seeing this problem?
    Last edited by fax; September 9th, 2009 at 09:43 AM.

Default Re: No automatic AV update

Quote Originally Posted by eddie209 View Post
    Anyone else seeing this problem?
    Nope, works fine and updating every hour. At your first installation did you run a manual update followed by a full scan of the system?
    Better you follow up directly with ZA technical support. Its free for licensed users. Link in my signature.

How do you see it did not update?

Contact them when they are on line so you can get assisted on the spot.

Cheers,
    Fax
    Last edited by fax; September 5th, 2009 at 04:22 AM.

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

eddie209 Guest

I see it's not updated by looking at the "Last update" in the AV section of ZASS (just above the "Update Now" manual button).

I have performed a manual update and a full scan ofg the system, but the automatic update doesn't work...

eddie209 Guest

This is getting ridiculous.
    I tried contacting support, but they are closed (of course due to the time difference). I was then offered to contact them by filling out an online request form. This form had selection boxes for amongst others what product I had, what product version etc. In the product version selection box I selected version 9.0. I then proceeded to fill the form out as requested, and them submitted the form.

After a while I received an email stating:

"'9.0' is not a valid choice for Fieldname 'Personal Product Version'
    Valid choices are:
    ...."

Ohhhh, this is customer support I tell you. Version 9.0 is the latest version, I downloaded it from ZA, I can select it in the support form, but no, it's not a valid selection.... :-)

Just blowing off some steam, I will have to try again pretending that I have version 8...

Quote Originally Posted by eddie209 View Post
    Ohhhh, this is customer support I tell you. Version 9.0 is the latest version, I downloaded it from ZA, I can select it in the support form, but no, it's not a valid selection.... :-)

Just blowing off some steam, I will have to try again pretending that I have version 8...
    Report to ZA customer support. The live chat is open 24/7 days.
    ZA staff does not monitor this board we are all users here trying to help each other.

Sorry,
    Fax
    Last edited by fax; September 9th, 2009 at 12:44 AM.

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

eddie209 Guest

I know we are all users in here, and my frustration was not directed against anyone in this forum. :-)

The Live chat is down, and has been since I started this thread. Trying to start a Live chat session I always get the following message:

"Thank you for contacting Customer Service or Tech Support
    Currently live chat is closed."

I guess they don't want to help their paying customers... ;-)

Thread Information