Thread: Why do I keep getting Alert

dave1622 Guest

Default Why do I keep getting Alert

Most times I start windows I get this message: Generic Host Process for Win32 Services is trying to act as a server. I give it permission, checking the box, but the alert continues to pop up upon starting windows. How do I stop this?

Post Re: Why do I keep getting Alert

Quote Originally Posted by dave1622 View Post
    Most times I start windows I get this message: Generic Host Process for Win32 Services is trying to act as a server. I give it permission, checking the box, but the alert continues to pop up upon starting windows. How do I stop this?

to the Zone Alarm User Forum..

You will continue to get Alert Pop-ups durring the first 3 weeks (21-Days) as the New ZA install goes thru a Learning Mode..

Generic Host Process for Win32 Services is a Windows Service that is Activated by a wide variety of Windows process..

anytime that you Allow or deny access to a Program or function that ZA pops-up an Alert, That information is stored in the "PROGRAM CONTROL" Option under the "Program" tab Click on Program Control, this will display a new page, on that page Click the "Program" tab That will open a new page..

on the left is the names of the files and programs being controlled..

Look down the list for whatever program you are having a problem with....

in the "Trusted Level" Column of(that program name) LEFT Click and Click on SUPER, this will place 3 Green Bars in that Column

The next Column is "ACCESS" Left Click in that Column and change Red X's to Green Check marks for "Trusted" and "Internet" access Change all other Marks on that Line to "?" Question Marks for Ask..

Now you should not have anymore problem with (That Program) or any other program listed in Program Control..

NOTE: Make sure all of the following Programs have Trusted and Internet access (2 Green Check Marks):

a.) All Microsoft and Windows Programs have Green Check marks for Trusted and Internet Access..
    b.) Generic Host Process for win32 Services (svchost.exe) also allow Trusted Server Rights
    c.) IE Crash Detection
    d.) Internet Explorer or FireFox.) Malicious Software Removal Toolf
    e.) True Vector Service (If it is listed)
    g.) Zone Alarm Clienth.) Zone Alarm Updating Clienti.) Your Email Client also needs Trusted, Internet accessand Send Mail all need Green check Marks..
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

shatto Guest

Default Re: Why do I keep getting Alert

One of the most useful tools, you can Google.
    Type in. winservices.exe
    and you'll get a big list. I have found www. ~~~ snip ToS ~~~ to be very reliable and safe.

You don't want to be clicking randomly because you can make your Zone Alarm work overtime blocking the **** on some sites.
    Last edited by fax; September 13th, 2009 at 11:36 PM. Reason: ToS - ads -

Thread Information