Thread: Could ZoneAlarm Extreme Security be causing my BSODs or unwanted reboots?

andrewanimation Guest

Default Could ZoneAlarm Extreme Security be causing my BSODs or unwanted reboots?

Hello,

Two days ago my computer restarted on its own, and then it happened again tonight. The only specifics I can give thus far is that the system freezes for 1 second, then restarts. I've also seen the same BSOD three times to date:
    http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/c.../100_5754-.jpg
    I only notice it freezes because my music keeps repeating the last note for 1 second, then, boom, restart.
    ZoneAlarm Extreme Security was the biggest program I recently installed, so I was wondering if that could somehow cause a BSOD or sudden, unwanted reboots? Today I uninstalled every program I don't use at all, in order to help narrow down any programs at fault, but not ZAES, since I use it. But maybe I should uninstall it too?
    Otherwise, does anyone know how else I might start narrowing down the issue?

Thanks,
    Andrew

andrewanimation Guest

Default Re: Could ZoneAlarm Extreme Security be causing my BSODs or unwanted reboots?

I just got another BSOD (the 4th or 5th so far, I think) and it looks different this time! A photo:
    http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/c...A/100_5755.jpg
    Also, another important piece of info may be that I think the BSODs only happen upon rebooting, like maybe after that "Windows" loading screen appears (I have Windows XP). The other times I saw the BSOD, they probably happened after a sudden reboot, when I wasn't in the room at the time, and then I come back to a BSOD that shows up at the start of a reboot, and stays on the screen until I manually restart the computer, and then it reboots correctly, without a BSOD. But the BSOD can appear even after an intentional and normal Restart.
    Anyway, does any of this help narrow it down now?

Post Re: Could ZoneAlarm Extreme Security be causing my BSODs or unwanted reboots?

Quote Originally Posted by andrewanimation View Post
    I just got another BSOD (the 4th or 5th so far, I think) and it looks different this time! A photo:
    http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/c...A/100_5755.jpg
    Also, another important piece of info may be that I think the BSODs only happen upon rebooting, like maybe after that "Windows" loading screen appears (I have Windows XP). The other times I saw the BSOD, they probably happened after a sudden reboot, when I wasn't in the room at the time, and then I come back to a BSOD that shows up at the start of a reboot, and stays on the screen until I manually restart the computer, and then it reboots correctly, without a BSOD. But the BSOD can appear even after an intentional and normal Restart.
    Anyway, does any of this help narrow it down now?
    Sorry We are all Users Here in this Forum..
    Tech Support does not Monitor this Forum..

Please Contact ZA Tech Support Directly..

Click on the ZA Support Link in my Signature..
    Fill in the Live Chat login Form and Select Tech Support on the Bottom option, Please provide Full Details of your BSOD problem..
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

andrewanimation Guest

Default Re: Could ZoneAlarm Extreme Security be causing my BSODs or unwanted reboots?

Oh, okay! Thanks, I'll do that!

Your Welcome...

Thread Information