Thread: Data Execution Prevention (DEP) Is Stopping Zone Alarm

jrboricua07 Guest

Unhappy Data Execution Prevention (DEP) Is Stopping Zone Alarm

I've installed the free Zone Alarm download. The download appears to be successful, then when the program tries to open Windows informs me that Zone Alarm has stopped working because the Data Execution Prevention is stopping it. I followed the instructions from someone else's thread, that is, uninstalling and reinstalling it, and I also followed what Windows said about allowing a program through the DEP, but each time it failed. I need ZoneAlarm to start running soon. Please help.

findley Guest

Default Re: Data Execution Prevention (DEP) Is Stopping Zone Alarm

Quote Originally Posted by jrboricua07 View Post
    I've installed the free Zone Alarm download. The download appears to be successful, then when the program tries to open Windows informs me that Zone Alarm has stopped working because the Data Execution Prevention is stopping it. I followed the instructions from someone else's thread, that is, uninstalling and reinstalling it, and I also followed what Windows said about allowing a program through the DEP, but each time it failed. I need ZoneAlarm to start running soon. Please help.
    jrboricua07,

Is this an acer computer? If so, see this thread on acer computers, zone alarm and Data Execution Prevention errors http://forums.zonealarm.com/showthread.php?t=70120

findley

Thread Information