Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Antivirus won't update

Mac87 Guest

Default Antivirus won't update

The Antivirus will not update, it's been 3 days and I keep getting the same error message everytime "The task encountered an error". The Antispyware on the other hand still updates correctly. Everything was working perfectly up until a few days back and I've been getting the same result since.

Was just wondering if anyone knew what the issue was, would appreciate any help at this point.

Computer:

Windows XP Media Center SP2

ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite 8.0.298.035

thanet1 Guest

Default Re: Antivirus won't update

You are not alone! I am experiencing the same problem, no virus updates for a week now, just the error message. No idea what the problem is but hopefully someone will advise us.

Exclamation Re: Antivirus won't update

Quote Originally Posted by thanet1 View Post
    You are not alone! I am experiencing the same problem, no virus updates for a week now, just the error message. No idea what the problem is but hopefully someone will advise us.
    1.) Please do not Add your Problem to several Other Users Request for help..

2.) Please Start your own Trend and Give Full Details of you Problem and Details about your Computer/Version of zone Alarm and ver of windows..

As a matter of Curtsey and to provide the Best solution to each Users problem, the Guideline Rules,ask each User to Please start their own thread. And start only 1 thread for each problem.

This insures that each User receives a solution specific to their on Problem, When other user like yourself interject your own problem into the discussion of somebody else's problem, any advice or solution to your problem would confuse and may conflict with the solution to the Originating Users problem..

That is why you were asked Not to Hi-Jack somebody else's Request for Help, and to Please start your own thread. And start only 1 thread for each problem.

Thank you in advance for you Cooperation in this matter..
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Mac87 Guest

Thanks thanet1, lets me know I'm not the only one experiencing this problem.

Post Re: Antivirus won't update

Quote Originally Posted by Mac87 View Post
    The Antivirus will not update, it's been 3 days and I keep getting the same error message everytime "The task encountered an error". The Antispyware on the other hand still updates correctly. Everything was working perfectly up until a few days back and I've been getting the same result since.

Was just wondering if anyone knew what the issue was, would appreciate any help at this point.

Computer:

Windows XP Media Center SP2

ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite 8.0.298.035

Here is a Quote from the Forum Moderator:

"Unfortunately Media Center Edition is not support by any ZoneAlarm product free or paid.
    Forum Moderator "

http://www.zaforums-stg.com/showthre...ion#post250600
    GeorgeV

brazirl Guest

Mac87 and thanet1, I just started having the same problem when I try to update ZoneAlarm, too. I'm using Windows XP Home Edition Ver 2002 SP3 and ZoneAlarm Antivirus 8.0.298.035.

Mac87 Guest

I've used it for 3 years with the same OS, doesn't make much sense if that were the case. I'll give it a week or so and see if it fixes itself, if not I guess I'll be looking for another product. Really no point in sitting with outdated virus protection. It's a shame, this programs done me well up until now. No ill will intended, just simply saying.

Hi!
    some users have reported that this is fixed by removing the current version (XP --> Start --> all programs --> ZoneAlarm --> Uninstall ...) and install the latest.
    But it is correct that ZA officially does not support XP MCE. Many users have reported no problem whatsoever, others yes.

Cheers,
    Fax

Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time

Thumbs up Re: Antivirus won't update

Quote Originally Posted by Mac87 View Post
    I've used it for 3 years with the same OS, doesn't make much sense if that were the case. I'll give it a week or so and see if it fixes itself, if not I guess I'll be looking for another product. Really no point in sitting with outdated virus protection. It's a shame, this programs done me well up until now. No ill will intended, just simply saying.
    I agree with Guru fax,

the few Users that have problems like you have, usually Fix the problem 1.) by doing a Clean install of the Corrupted ZoneAlarm
    2.) have resently Updated other programs that may be conflicting with Zone Alarm or
    3.) Mistakenly Think that installing Multiple Security programs will provide Better protection, when infact that will provide Reduced protection by causing Conflict..

------------------------------------
    The simplest procedure is to :

1.Download the Latest installer preferably with IE Browser and no Download Manager/accelerator like Get-Right, Livewire, Bit-Torrent) and save it to your Hard drive.

(MultiPlatform, installer will install on Both WinXP SP3 and Vista)

ZAFREE http://www.zonealarm.com/security/en-us/free-upgrade-security-suite-zonealarm-firewall.htm
    ZAP http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/free/information/zap/releaseHistory.html
    ZAAV http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...seHistory.html
    ZASS http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...seHistory.html
    ZAXS http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/free/information/zaxs/releaseHistory.html

2. Before you Uninstall your current ZA, UNcheck "Load ZA... at startup" (under Overview - Preferences tab)

3. Reboot the Computer. So that vsmon.exe/TrueVector will be removed from Memory

4.) Now use the new ZoneAlarm Removal Tool: Click here http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...cpes_clean.exe

( using Windows Add Remove, or the ZoneAlarm Uninstall in the ZA sub directory will also work)

Save to desktop, right click and "run as administrator" This tool will remove all ZoneAlarm products from your system.

Please just download and run the tool, following the instructions. (you can un-install without net connections)

5.) Now Install the new update (clean) and Accept the default Setting, Auto-Learn Mode and Choose Trusted Zone, not Internet Zone..

NOTICE: Please note that ZASS and ZAXS do not play nice with many overlapping security tools (even if disabled).

To troubleshoot ZASS/ZAXS issues removethe other Security programs and re-install them once you see that ZA works as it should.

For example,Norton/Symantec, McAfee,AVG, Spyspweeper, Spyware Doctor, trojan hunter, adware, SpyBotSearch & Destroy, PC tools Threat Fire, any other Anti-virus, Anti-spyware, Registry Guard or locking tools, etc...
    GeorgeV

Mac87 Guest

I uninstalled and reinstalled the new 9, didn't like it so I wound up reinstalling the version of 8 that I previously had. I get the same result, antivirus won't update but the spyware will. I was wondering if there was a way I could download 8.0.400.020 and give it a shot, since it won't upgrade from the ZA client?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information