Thread: No Anti-Spyware in ZA Extreme Security??

sabyers Guest

Default No Anti-Spyware in ZA Extreme Security??

My hard drive went out and I had to reload all my programs, including ZA Extreme Security, yesterday (Sept 8). Today I stumbled onto a site that had what I assume to be a false indication of spyware and viruses. I saw that the site was trying to download some sort of program, and I engaged the internet lock. After I was clear of the site, I started to run ZA ES, but there was no indication of the Spyware portion of Zone Alarm Extreme Security. It seemed to have vanished. I downloaded ZA Extreme Security again and the same occurred - there was no indication of a separate Spyware search. The update and the scan window only referred to "anti-virus/spyware". Have the 2 scans been combined or have a got some sort of bug in my system that is messing with the Zone Alarm Extreme Security program appearance?

The site that I encountered was named "My Online Computer Scan" and it started when I was being shown what looked like a page out of About.com. The URL was:

~~~ snip NO direct link to malware ~~~~ hxxp://intellectual-vir-scan03.com/1/?sess=pGT15jTwMi0zJmlwPTcyLjE0Ni40OC4xNDMmdGltZT0x MjUxNEAMPQFN

Any ideas about what is going on?

Any help appreciated!

Steve Byers
    ~~~ ToS - No personal information allowed ~~~~
    Last edited by fax; September 10th, 2009 at 12:11 AM.

Default Re: No Anti-Spyware in ZA Extreme Security??

Quote Originally Posted by sabyers View Post
    I saw that the site was trying to download some sort of program, and I engaged the internet lock.
    Just fake indication using the web interface. Close the web and you will not get any side effect.

Quote Originally Posted by sabyers View Post
    there was no indication of a separate Spyware search
    Yes, it is normal. Antivirus/Antispyware engine has been unified. See here

Cheers,
    fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

naivemelody Guest

Default Re: AntiVirus + AntiSpyware unified in ZA Extreme Security 9.0

What's new in ZoneAlarm Extreme Security 9.0?

New unified anti-virus and anti-spyware engine:
    • Scans 80%-90% faster and combines anti-virus and anti-spyware into one scan
    • More advanced scan options–riskware, ADS, heuristic scanning, and more exception options
    • Additional on-access scan controls
    • On-access scanning now detects spyware
    Click here > http://www.zonealarm.com/security/en...e-security.htm
    and here > http://www.zonealarm.com/security/en...e-security.htm
    __________________________________________________ ________
    Yes, you stumbled upon a fake "rogue anti-virus" malware; once you noticed the 'malware web page' > all you needed to do was close the web page or use 'clear virtual data' to clear out all of the browsing activity if you had been using the virtualization protection in you ZA Extreme/ web browser security= virtualization/ ForceField.

Click here for more info on ForceField > http://www.zonealarm.com/security/en...r-security.htm < which is integrated in ZA Extreme.

Thread Information