Thread: Scanning schedule

jyste Guest

Default Scanning schedule

Hi!
    I normally scan my PC every thursday at 12:00. Recently I got a Windows patch to do with daylight saving time and the next thursday my PC scanned at 11:00. I then noticed that the PC clock was wrong and corrected it, but since ZA scanning was running I did nothing about correcting the schedule.
    Today again the scan started at 11:00. After the scan was finished I set about finding out what was happening.
    1. Automatic update of Date/Time via Internet does not work. Apparently this is blocked by ZA. Can this be correct? Can it be changed?
    It is not really important, I can set the clock manually.

2. The PC was NOT set to automatic daylight saving time. When I put a check mark to make it automatic, ZA started to behave in a strange way: Every time I tried to verify the time for my weekly scan the time was advanced by 1 hour!!

- I have now removed the check mark for automatic daylight saving time, and ZA now remember the time for my scan. But I still think it is a strange phenomenon. Has anybody else experienced this?

Greetings,
    jyste

Post Re: Scanning schedule

Quote Originally Posted by jyste View Post
    Hi!
    I normally scan my PC every thursday at 12:00. Recently I got a Windows patch to do with daylight saving time and the next thursday my PC scanned at 11:00. I then noticed that the PC clock was wrong and corrected it, but since ZA scanning was running I did nothing about correcting the schedule.
    Today again the scan started at 11:00. After the scan was finished I set about finding out what was happening.
    1. Automatic update of Date/Time via Internet does not work. Apparently this is blocked by ZA. Can this be correct? Can it be changed?
    It is not really important, I can set the clock manually.

2. The PC was NOT set to automatic daylight saving time. When I put a check mark to make it automatic, ZA started to behave in a strange way: Every time I tried to verify the time for my weekly scan the time was advanced by 1 hour!!

- I have now removed the check mark for automatic daylight saving time, and ZA now remember the time for my scan. But I still think it is a strange phenomenon. Has anybody else experienced this?

Greetings,
    jyste

If you have a Valid ZA License Key you can Bring that observation directly to ZA Tech Support, by Clicking on the ZA Support Link in my Signature..
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

jyste Guest

Default Re: Scanning schedule

Hi, thanks,
    I should like to do that. But I have to tell what the question is about and I do not think that any of the categories available fit the above observation. Do you have a suggestion?

Regards,
    jyste

Default Re: Scanning schedule

Quote Originally Posted by jyste View Post
    Hi, thanks,
    I should like to do that. But I have to tell what the question is about and I do not think that any of the categories available fit the above observation. Do you have a suggestion?

Regards,
    jyste
    Does not matter, the important drop down window is the one where you select the " technical support" or the "customer support". The latter is more for subscription, offers, license key issues.

Cheers,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information