Thread: Unable to download purchased upgrade

selneko Guest

Default Unable to download purchased upgrade

As earlier today I was not able to connect to the Customer Service Live Chat, I am now unable to download my purchased upgrade. This too is probably also related to an entry in my HOSTS file. The Customer Service Live Chat uses liveperson.net which when modified in my HOSTS file I was able to use the Customer Service Live Chat. What is ZoneAlarm using for downloads????

Default Re: Unable to download purchased upgrade

Hello,
    may I suggest you clean your hosts file? Only one entry should be present in the hosts file (localhost). There nothing worst than adopting security measure that you are not full in control of and that makes your PC experience a nightmare.

You should also consider that ZA does not play nice with many other security tools. They may block its correct functioning including updates. For example, spyware doctor, spysweeper, trojan hunter, win patrol, PCtools Threat Fire, Mcafee, Norton, Symantec, Adaware, SpybotS&D, WinPatrol, AVG, Avast free, NOD, Kaspersky, Comodo, Rising, PC Doctor, MS OneCare and many others. If you want to install ZA please remove these tools (not enough to disable) and install back (if you really need) only after you see your ZA is working as it should. Double check you have really removed all other security tools by running this utility
    http://www.appremover.com/

You should also check your system from malware, see here.

Cheers,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information