Thread: Firefox issues

hayastan Guest

Default Firefox issues

Hello,

I have recently upgraded my ZoneAlarm pro 8.x to 9.x.
    I have noticed that there is now ZoneAlarm Toolbar in Firefox toolbar menu, but cant figure out what is it?
    About states ZoneAlarm Browser Security. Is it the same Forcefield and if so then where are the help files for its settings?
    Is ZA Browser Toolbar disabled when I uncheck and make in invisible in Firefox toolbar?

There seems to be one major issue with new ZA Pro and Firefox 3.5.3.
    Once I open one instance of FF I cant open another one. I am able to open new tabs, but not new windows and websites in new windows.

OS Windows XP SP3
    FF 3.5.3

samlar Guest

Default Re: Firefox issues

Try this I posted this on another post when I had the same problem.

With firefox 3.5.2 and 9 bata for zonealarm extreme I noticed that I could not open more than one firefox browser window at a time. I removed firefox and deleted the folders and reinstall but it did not fix. I stopped zonealarm and I could then open as many browser windows as I wanted. I then restarted zonealarm extreme and back to only one window. I went to forcefield then settings then advanced and cleared the virtual data, which fixed the problem. Just thought someone might run into this problem and want to know how to fix it.
    I beginning to think you should clear the virtual data every so often in forcefield.

http://forums.zonealarm.com/showthread.php?t=69976

Some here would tell you to use search but I just tired to search (could not open more than one firefox browser window at a time) did not see my other post. Better to just give you the answer rather than tell you to search when it doe not work.
    Last edited by samlar; September 14th, 2009 at 12:31 AM.

hayastan Guest

Quote Originally Posted by samlar View Post
    Try this I posted this on another post when I had the same problem.

With firefox 3.5.2 and 9 bata for zonealarm extreme I noticed that I could not open more than one firefox browser window at a time. I removed firefox and deleted the folders and reinstall but it did not fix. I stopped zonealarm and I could then open as many browser windows as I wanted. I then restarted zonealarm extreme and back to only one window. I went to forcefield then settings then advanced and cleared the virtual data, which fixed the problem. Just thought someone might run into this problem and want to know how to fix it.
    I beginning to think you should clear the virtual data every so often in forcefield.

http://forums.zonealarm.com/showthread.php?t=69976

Some here would tell you to use search but I just tired to search (could not open more than one firefox browser window at a time) did not see my other post. Better to just give you the answer rather than tell you to search when it doe not work.
    The problem is that Clear virtual data setting is grayed out in my ZoneAlarm Pro.
    Any suggestions?
    I am sure that everyone with FF 3.5.x are having the same problem.
    When ZA will fix this issue?

Hello,

The items are grayed out because they are not part of the toolbar.

The tool bar only has Advanced Download protection and Antiphishing.

All the other options are in ForceField and not in this toolbar.

Can you list all your other add-on's and there version numbers.

It could be some odd conflict.

We tested here and the toolbar is 100% compatible with firefox 3.5.2 & 3.5.3 and we have no problems opening a new window from the File menu or by CTRL-N

But we don't have a bunch of 3rd party add-on's either.

Forum Moderator
    Last edited by Forum-Moderator; September 24th, 2009 at 05:41 PM.
    Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

narlyman Guest

Now I do have a compatibility issue with ZASS and Firefox 3.5.3 and the issue is with ForceField. Firefox works OK if I open the program from a fresh start up, but if I close down Firefox and try to restart it at a later time it will not start unless I turn off ForceField thru Task Manager end the Firefox process and restart Firefox. I have disabled all the add-ons that I use with Firefox ie NoScript 1.9.99, Skype 2.2.0.102, AdBlock 1.1.1, Microsoft Net Framework 1.1 and the Zonealarm Toolbar 1.5.31.0. Yet with all disabled it will not start up yet it shows Firefox in the Task Manager window. I am currently using winxp sp3. This problem has only occurred with the ZASS 9 and Firefox 3.5.3 Never had this problem with ZA 8 and Firefox 3.5.2 . I did have a problem early on after installing ZA9 and Firefox with only opening a single window but discovered that AdBlock was the culprit. Once disabled I could open multiple windows in Firefox.
    Any suggestions? Would greatly appreciate some feed back!

Thanks, Steve

Thread Information