Thread: Latest version of ZoneAlarm Internet Security

stormsy Guest

Post Latest version of ZoneAlarm Internet Security

Hi,

I was just wondering why my current version of ZA says that my system is up-to-date even though Checkpoint has released version 9 of ZA...?

Is it worth just downloading it now and installing it rather than wait for my version to pick it up?

What is different during the installation process of version 9 compared to the previous versions of ZA? Like with previous version install, do I just leave everything ticked and let it install with the options that it cam with?

Thanks,
    Stormsy.

PS: Sorry if I have posted this in the wrong thread. Do move it if it is in the wrong thread...
    Last edited by stormsy; September 13th, 2009 at 11:30 PM.

Default Re: Latest version of ZoneAlarm Internet Security

Quote Originally Posted by stormsy View Post
    Is it worth just downloading it now and installing it rather than wait for my version to pick it up?
    Unless you have problems with the current version better to wait for the automatic notification that will happen if no major issues will be identified with the new release.

Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

stormsy Guest

Okay.

I'm not sure if you remember, but i had troubles with the UI panel not responding; yet ZA was able to update automatically. I thought it was related to the "Virus.Win32.Induc.a" and asked someone to close that thread down as it was malware related.

Well, I'm not sure why, but the UI panel is not responding now, again. I would like to update to version 9 but if there are problems relating to it then I don't want to add more to what I have already got... :S

Thanks,
    Stormsy.

Hi!
    yes, I remember. If you want to update you should ensure your system is clean of third party security tools.

For this reason first remove all of them (check with APPREM). Remove ZA with the ZA removal tool. When I say security tools I also mean spybot and all of this.

Have a nice cleaning of the registry and the system with ccleaner

Install latest version of ZASS.
    Only when you see ZASS is working as it should you should install back (if you really need the other security tools).

Is your system updated? If not you need to ensure it is for the correct functioning of ZA and the protection of the system.

Finally, less you mess up with security tools better it is.

Keep your ZASS at default, do not alter it! It will work flawlessly if you do not start to touch the advance program control features.

Cheers,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

stormsy Guest

Thankyou for your help and time Fax, its been much appreciated.

Thanks,
    Stormsy.

Thread Information