Thread: Gameguard Error 1013 with FF

Lava Guest

Default Gameguard Error 1013 with FF

I was recently participating with the Aion Open Beta. On Sat afternoon, I upgraded my ZA from ZA Security Suite to the Extreme 2010 version. Everything went okay from the install.

Now the problem comes when I log into the game. After about one minute I got an error saying Error 1013, which means a conflict in programs. So I emailed Gameguard (GG) and sent them the .erl files and the response was that icsak.sys was the conflicting file.

I did a search and found the file is in the AK folder of the ZA Force Field folder. I wasn't sure how to turn of ZAFF or if you even can. So that's why I posted this so maybe someone can lend a hand with helping. Thanks.

Lava Guest

Default Re: Gameguard Error 1013 with FF

I did some messing around and if you go to start menu, and then run. Type in MSCONFIG. Under the Services tab there should be ZoneAlarm ForceField IsvSvc in the list on the left. I unchecked and rebooted. I think this should prevent Force Field from loading. However, I can't test it out with Aion because Beta is closed. I guess I will have to wait until the release of Aion on Sept 20th.

It would be cool if ZA would make a fix for this problem or talk with GG about it.

naivemelody Guest

Default Re: nProtect GameGuard with ForceField

This is a known issue. Game protection software (nProtect)GameGuard conflict. The ForceField anti-keylogger uses a low-level system technology that may conflict with other low-level technologies, such as software that is often used for protecting computer games from debugging and malicious access to game code.
    __________________________________________________ ________
    Try this: open ZA Browser Security panel > settings > (advanced) > Anti-spyware > ~ "uncheck box of" Block programs that secretly record your keystrokes = anti-keylogger //and to a lesser degree "uncheck box for" Always by clicking on 'Only in allegedly secure sessions.'
    - then restart pc.
    __________________________________________________ __
    If the above does not work it is easier to shut off ForceField/ virtualization conflicts by simply > ~ unchecking the 'Virtualization' box/ Enable virtualization.'
    And the last resort would be to simply "temporarily" shut-off BrowserSecurity all-together while you are game playing 'in a safe environment.'
    __________________________________________________ _____
    Click here for ForceField help files > http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fo...tml/wwhelp.htm
    __________________________________________________ ____
    NaiveMelody NYC 9-15-09 - Hold On Tight - Electric Light Orchestra
    Last edited by naivemelody; September 14th, 2009 at 11:05 PM.

esteban2800 Guest

Cool Re: Gameguard Error 1013 with FF

I will try it as well. My machine crashed after I turned on driver verifier. I wanted to check what was causing the BSOD's. It complained about ICSAY.SYS. I'm running Win7 64Bit.

Default Re: Gameguard Error 1013 with FF

Quote Originally Posted by esteban2800 View Post
    I will try it as well. My machine crashed after I turned on driver verifier. I wanted to check what was causing the BSOD's. It complained about ICSAY.SYS. I'm running Win7 64Bit.
    Could the fact that your were using a BETA test version on Zone Alarm in adition to adding unsuported virtual environments that you mention in another post be part of your problem?

in that case you must report any problems and added software conflicts to the BETA Developers..
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information