Thread: Version number for Zone Alarm Extreme Security 2010

Octavian Guest

Default Version number for Zone Alarm Extreme Security 2010

I need the Zone Alarm Extreme security 2010 - Windows 7 ready.
    I did download it and install it corectly on an XP OS, although not yet on the Windows 7 machine.
    The interface looks exactly the same as the version 2009 I was using before and the engine reports: 9.0.083.000.

Is this the right version for 2010 generation or somehow I've downloaded the same product I already have?

Thanks.
    Octavian

Default Re: Version number for Zone Alarm Extreme Security 2010

Hi!
    ZA will be windows 7 ready when win7 will be released, i.e. towards the end of October.
    The 9.0.083.XXX version will install on XP 32bit, VISTA 32/64bit and windows 7 32bit

Cheers,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

naivemelody Guest

Vista SP2 (32-Bit and 64-Bit) * Compatible with Windows 7 when it is released.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    ZoneAlarm Extreme Security version:9.0.083.000 / 2010 series= 9.0 series
    TrueVector version:9.0.083.000
    Driver version:9.0.083.000
    Anti-virus engine version:8.0.1.33
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:993228512 <== New
    AntiSpam version:6.0.0.2083
    ZoneAlarm ForceField 1.5.31.0
    ZoneAlarm ForceField Spyware Scanner 1.3.158.41
    ZoneAlarm ForceField Anti-Phishing Database 1.2.101.0
    ZoneAlarm ForceField Spyware Sites Database 03.865

and click here > http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...seHistory.html_

Yes, you have the latest version 2010.

"* Please note: ZoneAlarm is "Windows 7 Ready" - compatible with Windows 7 when it is released. Once Windows 7 is officially released by Microsoft, customers with valid ZoneAlarm subscriptions will receive a free compatibility update. For those who wish to run ZoneAlarm on pre-released versions of Windows 7, note that the Antivirus and Hard Drive Encryption components of ZoneAlarm are not officially supported."

ZA will release a new upgrade version that will be in full compliance with Windows 7 - very soon after it's "Microsoft official release - Oct. 22, 2009" - until then anyone with a Windows 7 pre-release candidate on their pc - ZA 2010 software does not fully support it.
    When the new Windows 7 compliant upgrade version is available - all subscribers will have access for 'free' upgrades for their ZA firewalls - as usual.
    __________________________________________________ ________
    NaiveMelody NYC - 9-20-09 - Ticket To Ride - The Beatles
    Last edited by naivemelody; September 20th, 2009 at 10:02 PM.

Octavian Guest

I have received an email saying the 2010 is Winows 7 ready (the logo was there, I can eventually digg it out and attach the picture).
    I am a MSDN subcriber an for us the windows 7 has been officially released, we have the machines set up. I believe the problem is related to the fact the machine runs on Windows 7 64 bit. Currently ZA 2010 refusses to install on this OS (the 64 bit).

Post Re: Version number for Zone Alarm Extreme Security 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Octavian View Post
    I have received an email saying the 2010 is Winows 7 ready (the logo was there, I can eventually digg it out and attach the picture).
    I am a MSDN subcriber an for us the windows 7 has been officially released, we have the machines set up. I believe the problem is related to the fact the machine runs on Windows 7 64 bit. Currently ZA 2010 refusses to install on this OS (the 64 bit).

ZAX 9.0.083.000 (which = 2010) is not Yet Win7 64-bit compatible..

ZAX 9.0.083.000 supports WinXP SP2/SP3, Vista SP2 (32-Bit and 64-Bit) Win7 (32-Bit)

There is Currently a BETA Testing of ZAAV & ZAX 9.0.118.000 that will install on Windows 7 64-Bit, that should be out of Beta Soon and in Distribution before Win7 is Released by MicroSoft Oct. 22, 2009

NOTE: Read the Lables on any Boxed Version of ZoneAlarm in Stores
    If it does not have a Windows 7 64-bit Lable on the Packages or Specifically state in Requirements on the Box that it is Win7 64-bit compatible, then Do not assume that it is..
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time

Post Re: Version number for Zone Alarm Extreme Security 2010

I believe the problem is related to the fact the machine runs on Windows 7 64 bit. Currently ZA 2010 refusses to install on this OS (the 64 bit).
    1.) It is always better to TRY Before you Buy, (Za has a 15 day Free trial on the Paid products..

2.) if you have already Purchased ZAX 2010.. just hold onto the License Key, it will work on the New ZAX that will Support Win7 64-bit when it is released..
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time

Lets try again,
    Win7 has not been released yet. ZA will support Win7 when released.
    Release of win7 is expected by the end of October (not on MSDN but in the shops!)

If you want to install ZA at nay costs then install the beta. IT SUPPORT WIN7 64bit!
    www.zonealarm.com/beta

Clearer?
    Fax

Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time

Thread Information