Thread: [SOLVED - ZA SERVER ISSUES] Persistent AV update download error

ananda Guest

Unhappy [SOLVED - ZA SERVER ISSUES] Persistent AV update download error

Hi

Since 16:00 h Middle European Summer Time, all I get on two computers is the message there is an AV update download error - and the Lord may know what exactly it is all about.
    Before that time, everything went fine. And after that time: nothing more, nada, zilch.

Anything wrong with the servers (again)?

Or am I the only one enjoying this umpteenth phenomenon in ZA-country?

Ananda
    Last edited by fax; September 21st, 2009 at 11:37 AM. Reason: Title

Default Re: Persistent AV update download error

Hi!
    yes, I see the same...

Contact support and let us know their response

Thanks,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Post Re: Persistent AV update download error

Quote Originally Posted by fax View Post
    Hi!
    yes, I see the same...

Thanks,
    Fax
    I agree with Guru Fax..

yes, I see the same after 09:00 AM CST...

Maybe the Update Servers are being worked on ?

Please Contact Support (Link in my Signature) and let us know their response
    Last edited by GeorgeV; September 21st, 2009 at 09:19 AM.
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time

trwis Guest

I contacted support--this was there answer!

ZA: Thank you for contacting ZoneAlarm Technical Support. How may I help you today?
    T: Since yesterday my antivirus update comes back with this error--- anti-virus: Error: download error --this is happening on 2 computers
    ZA: I am sorry for the frustration. Please try this.
    T: Try the removal tool at this link. (Be sure to save the file to your computer first before running it)
    ZA: http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...cpes_clean.exe
    ZA: You have ZoneAlarm antivirus correct?
    T: Yes--version 9
    ZA: Below is a link to download ZoneAlarm with Antivirus for Windows XP or Vista. You should receive a pop-up asking you to Open or Save the file. If the screen does not popup, please click the link instead. Click Save, select Desktop on the left-side of the Save Window and then click Save to the lower right. Once this file has finished, run the file to install ZoneAlarm.
    ZA: http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...083_000_en.exe
    ZA: We have an update on the version that should help with this issue. I would like to make sure it is a clean install instead of an upgrade so there will not be any corruptions.
    T: You mean this is a different version than mine?ZoneAlarm Anti-virus version:9.0.083.000 TrueVector version:9.0.083.000 Driver version:9.0.083.000 Anti-virus engine version:8.0.1.33 Anti-virus signature DAT file version:993281120
    ZA: Thank you for continuing to wait. We have not forgotten about you. I will be with you very shortly.
    ZA: We had a hotfix for this version come out. This clean uninstall and reinstall should help.
    T: I will try that--this will be the third time in last 6 months I have had to uninstall and reinstall--was hoping not to have to do it again--thanks for the help!
    ZA: Thank you for chatting with me. We welcome your feedback: please CLICK HERE to complete our Exit Survey or click the Close button.

garync Guest

This kind of support is unfortunate. Sounds like the SWAG approach to me. Too many times in the past have I seen that response to a problem being experienced by many, many users. SWAG equates to scientific wild-***ed guess. This is such a pervasive symptom, ZA should assign someone to pursue this specific problem.

It shouldn't require every member of the user population to use a shotgun to shoot this "elephant." One well-placed shot by someone who knows something about "elephants" should take care of the situation. (Does that illustration work?)

I upgraded to Extreme Security 2010 several days ago and just started experiencing this problem. Please, ZA, do something about this.

ananda Guest

Default Re: Persistent AV update download error -> Gurus Fax & GeorgeV

Hi!
    yes, I see the same...

Thanks,
    Fax
    Hi Fax, Hi GeorgeV

They told me to use the procedure for their DiagnosticsCapture Tool. That was quite an entertainment. Nothing for a 70-year-old man, really. I wonder what the result of it will be.
    They also gave me a second possibility: "The ZoneAlarm anti-virus update server may need to be added as trusted within ZoneAlarm per the steps below." But that was/is a bit too complex for me, I'm afraid.
    Just before contacting them again, I had noticed Guru GeorgeV had noticed the same event. One more proof the problem was not with my computers. I told ZA about it.
    Finally they said they would look after it. They had had this problem with other ZA versions, they said, and had not expected 9.0.083.000 would suffer from the same disease.
    I guess I was among the first to find out!

I hope tomorrow will be a better ZA day...

Have a nice day!

Ananda

yes, more reports they receive faster they will realised that there is a problem
    So, it is important to report it.

Fax

ananda Guest

yes, more reports they receive faster they will realised that there is a problem
    So, it is important to report it.

Fax
    Good news: It has been fixed!

Bye for now.

Ananda

Default Re: [ZA SERVER ISSUES] Persistent AV update download error

Yeap! it works now...
    Will close this thread.

Thanks,
    Fax