Thread: Where Can I download ZASS 8.0.400.020?

eecon Guest

Default Where Can I download ZASS 8.0.400.020?

The only only version of ZASS available for download is the new version 9, which I do not want just yet. I'm currently running ZASS 8.0.298.035 from a Clean Installation in June 2009.

However, just recently my two ZASS ScanningProcess.exe processes are eating up about 80% of my T9300 2.5Ghz Dual Core Duo's CPU for the first 3 or 4 minutes after a cold power-up. I had not previously noticed this high CPU usage from my current version of ZASS over the last few months, so I figured that a minor update might be a good first start to see if my issue can be fixed.

Thanks! .... This is a Great Forum!

Post Re: Where Can I download ZASS 8.0.400.020?

ZA Free 8.0.298.000 is still available from Checkpoint Download page..

However all Paid versions Available from Checkpoint Download page are:

Sorry, But Once CheckPoint releases a New Version they remove the Link to the Older versions..

You may find a Link to older version of ZA on Google.com
    Make sure it is from a reputable Web-site, as some files made available by Hackers and Malware may add a Virus/Trojan or Malware to some older Security Software..

CheckPoint can ONLY Gaurantee files downloaded directly from it's on web-site..
    Last edited by GeorgeV; September 22nd, 2009 at 07:50 PM. Reason: typo
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Default Re: Where Can I download ZASS 8.0.400.020?

Also something to note. The scanningprocess.exe is the same in 8.0.400

In 9.0.083 we no longer use that process and consolidate everything into the existing process vsmon.exe

Also you will no longer have multiple of these processes as you do with scanningprocesses.exe on a multi core system

So 9.083 is much more optimized on system resources and only one process taking up cpu cycles than multiple in the 8.x versions.

Forum Moderator

eecon Guest

Okay, thanks guys .... I'll give the new Version 9 a try, however when I check the for new version updates, the ZA website says my Retail ZASS 8.0.298.035 is up-to-date, which is sort of strange. I have still 250 days left on my paid Retail Version 8 license .... Do I now have to purchase a new license for Version 9 also?
    Last edited by eecon; September 21st, 2009 at 07:31 PM.

Your Welcome..

naivemelody Guest

Default Re: Where Can I download ZASS 9.0/ 2010

eecon, per your original license key/ subscription with 250 days left -> this entitles you to all the upgrades - for 'free' within those 250 days. Easy.

You can click here to download the latest version ZA Suite 9.0 > http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...seHistory.html

and click here for more info on ZA Suite 9.0 > http://www.zonealarm.com/security/en...rity-suite.htm << ZoneAlarm Security Suite 2010
    __________________________________________________ _______
    You will have the options to: install over the old 8.0 with 9.0 or you may 'properly' un-install 8.0 and then install 9.0. There are un-install instructions or use of a 'ZA Removal Tool' for easier un-install.

You can click here for more info on 'un-install methods' > http://forums.zonealarm.com/showthread.php?t=70106
    One Helpful Tip: on your old 8.0 > open ZA panel to "Overview" > Preferences > General > "uncheck" the box for 'Load ZoneAlarm at startup' > then restart pc. ( this prevents some 'true vector' issues that sometimes occurs during upgrades). Then you may either upgrade/ install over 8.0 with 9.0 or you may un-install 8.0 and then install 9.0 - your choice.
    __________________________________________________ ____
    NaiveMelody NYC 9-22-09 - Let's Hang On (To What We've Got) - Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons
    Last edited by naivemelody; September 22nd, 2009 at 12:12 AM.

eecon Guest

Cool .... Thanks!

Thread Information