Thread: ZASS 9 Email Protection with Outlook 2003 Question

eecon Guest

Default ZASS 9 Email Protection with Outlook 2003 Question

I use MS Outlook 2003 as my email program on a WinXP SP3 system with the latest Internet Explorer 8 (all are U.S. English Versions).

My current ZASS is version 8.0.298.035 and both inbound and outbound email protection is enabled (which seems to work well). The junk email filter is off and I do not use any of the privacy controls with my current ZASS 8.

Here is a reference quote excerpt from the latest posted features of ZASS 9:

"Note: To streamline in an age where web privacy controls are built into the most popular browsers and email attachment scanning is included in the major email applications, privacy controls and inbound MailSafe have been removed with this release."

I am confused by what all this means and any clarifications would be greatly appreciated.

Does this mean if I upgrade to ZASS 9 from 8 that I also have to upgrade my email program because I can not find any inbound or outbound email protection options within my Outlook 2003 email program. Money is tight these days and I can not afford a lot of new software.
    Last edited by eecon; September 21st, 2009 at 09:48 PM.

Post Re: ZASS 9 Email Protection with Outlook 2003 Question

Quote Originally Posted by eecon View Post
    I use MS Outlook 2003 as my email program on a WinXP SP3 system with the latest Internet Explorer 8 (all are U.S. English Versions).

My current ZASS is version 8.0.298.035 and both inbound and outbound email protection is enabled (which seems to work well). The junk email filter is off and I do not use any of the privacy controls with my current ZASS 8.

Here is a reference quote excerpt from the latest posted features of ZASS 9:

"Note: To streamline in an age where web privacy controls are built into the most popular browsers and email attachment scanning is included in the major email applications, privacy controls and inbound MailSafe have been removed with this release."

I am confused by what all this means and any clarifications would be greatly appreciated.

Does this mean if I upgrade to ZASS 9 from 8 that I also have to upgrade my email program because I can not find any inbound or outbound email protection options within my Outlook 2003 email program. Money is tight these days and I can not afford a lot of new software.

Nothing to Worry about..
    I use ZASS 9.0 with Outlook 2003 on my Win XP SP3 Computer..

The same Settings you had in ZASS Version 8.0 will work in Vers 9.0..

the Major difference is that the (Privacy "Web Site-List" Feature) in ZASS 8,0 has been Removed, Website Privacy is controled by your Browser..

This has Nothing to Do with Email..

In ZASS Version 9.0 Click on E-mail Protection
    Turn On both Options

Please post back with a progress report..
    Last edited by GeorgeV; September 22nd, 2009 at 03:30 PM. Reason: typo
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

eecon Guest

Default Re: ZASS 9 Email Protection with Outlook 2003 Question

Excellent! .... Thank you very much!

Thread Information