Thread: Installing ZA Security Suite on new PC

ellaye Guest

Default Installing ZA Security Suite on new PC

Hi,

I'm getting a new laptop and my ZA security suite still has 192 days to run. Is it as simple as downloading it onto new PC and entering my licence number? Or is it not possible to download without purchasing again? Surely I've paid for it so should be entitled to use it on my new laptop. Is this why you should order a back up CD?!

Any info will be gratefully received!!

Thanks.

Post Re: Installing ZA Security Suite on new PC

Quote Originally Posted by ellaye View Post
    Hi,

I'm getting a new laptop and my ZA security suite still has 192 days to run. Is it as simple as downloading it onto new PC and entering my licence number? Or is it not possible to download without purchasing again? Surely I've paid for it so should be entitled to use it on my new laptop. Is this why you should order a back up CD?!

Any info will be gratefully received!!

Thanks.

1.) If your Purchased a Single Licensed version of ZoneAlarm..

Then that means you can Only Install it on One Computer..

2.) if you Completely Remove ZoneAlarm from the Old Computer, then you can Download a Fresh Copy of the Same Type of ZoneAlarm onto the New Laptop and use the Old License..

**** WARNING.. if the New Laptop comes with Pre-Installed Security Software, other than Windows Firewall or Windows Defender..

Then You need to Properly Shutdows and Uninstall and Remove all traces of the Pre-installed Security Software..

Only One Firewall and One Anti-Virus Allowed per computer..

3.) if you had purchased a three (3) User License, then you can use that same license on three computers in your name..

http://server.iad.liveperson.net/hc/...10&action=view
    Last edited by GeorgeV; September 23rd, 2009 at 06:32 AM. Reason: typo
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

ellaye Guest

Default Re: Installing ZA Security Suite on new PC

Thank you George. Yes I can completely remove ZA from the old laptop as it's not going to be used any more so that means I can download it again with the same licence number. Although how will they know that I've removed it from my old laptop?!!

There will be no other security software on the new laptop so that won't be a problem.

Thanks for your help.

Ellaye.

Post Re: Installing ZA Security Suite on new PC

Quote Originally Posted by ellaye View Post
    Thank you George. Yes I can completely remove ZA from the old laptop as it's not going to be used any more so that means I can download it again with the same licence number. Although how will they know that I've removed it from my old laptop?!!

There will be no other security software on the new laptop so that won't be a problem.

Thanks for your help.

Ellaye.

You can Ask Customer Service..

But from what I have read:

All Licensed versions of ZA uses the Internet, usually does an "ET-Phone Home" to validate your License with the Checkpoint Servers that Provide Update for the Product and Update AV/AS Definition Signatures for to keep your Anti-Virus Updated..

If the Checkpoint Server detects more than one Computer, It will check it's logs regularly and if it detects the Old Computer is still using the Same Licenses after the New Computer Registers that same License. (Unless you Registered as a Three User License) then that License will be Invalidated and the next time you start ZA it will Fail to start until the License is changed to a Valid License..
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information