I know someone already made a thread with an issue like this, but I've tried fixing my laptop and its still not working. For start I've checked all the cables, broadband modem is working (no router), I can access internet on this second laptop. I have an issue with my new laptop Toshiba satellite A500 13F, its a Vista 32, ZA Security Suite version is 90.083.000 the latest version I can download. As long as I dont install ZA, restart the laptop and start using it, internet will work but after that, it will disconnect. I already tried right clicking on ZA tray icon and click on Reset, checked if everything is set to Trusted in Zones tab and nothing works. I have also tried using Self-service support and none of the suggestions will fix my issue.

The strange thing is that even if I shutdown ZA, it will still continue disconnecting internet. The only way for internet to function normally is if I put it back to a restore point. I really dont know what is wrong, I am aware of the issue Windows update had with ZA, but now I've already tried twice, once without updating anything and I still get the same issue. Now I'm running restore point for the third time. I bought the ZA product and I would really like to use it cause I will be going to Africa and firewall protection is important. I'm not sure how reliable is Windows firewall.