Thread: ZASS 9 spyware

atinalee Guest

Default ZASS 9 spyware

I just installed ZASS 9 on vista 32 bit home premium. It went ok but had problems with my wireless connection but got it to work after struggling with this.

I dont see where to do updates for the spyware program that I had on my previous program here. It just seems to have one thing you update that says antivirus/antispyware. So if I want to do a scan how to I do these separately? I really dont like having them together and grouped together like this. Is there a way to go back to an earlier version? How would I do that?
    Please help me and explain how this works.

Post Re: ZASS 9 spyware

Quote Originally Posted by atinalee View Post
    I just installed ZASS 9 on vista 32 bit home premium. It went ok but had problems with my wireless connection but got it to work after struggling with this.

I dont see where to do updates for the spyware program that I had on my previous program here. It just seems to have one thing you update that says antivirus/antispyware. So if I want to do a scan how to I do these separately? I really dont like having them together and grouped together like this. Is there a way to go back to an earlier version? How would I do that?
    Please help me and explain how this works.
    http://s118.photobucket.com/albums/o...h_1welcome.gif to the Zone Alarm User Forum..

ZASS 9.0 has a New Unified AV/AS engine..

ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite version 9.0.112.000
    • Browser security fixes:
      • Fixed: Not possible to type in Internet Explorer (IE) 7 in Private browsing mode
      • Fixed: System stops responding after opening PDF file in IE 7 and 8 on XP when virtualization is on

• Compatibility and Stability improvements:
      • Fixed: Blue screen crash after starting IE 7 (if ForceField is set to manual startup)
      • Fixed: Performance problems when using iTunes
      • Fixed: Screen freezes during ZoneAlarm installation or configuration in some cases

• Other fixes:
      • Fixed: Adding a firewall rule to block a specific hostname blocked all traffic
    ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite version 9.0.083.000
    • New Browser Security:
      • Advanced Download Protection:
        • Detects the latest zero-day threats in downloads that you initiate-before they reach your computer
        • Includes heuristic analysis and program check
        • Can run and analyze download behavior in a virtual environment if necessary
      • Spy site detection
      • Signature and heuristic phishing detection
      • Website safety check and rating

• New unified anti-virus and anti-spyware engine:
      • Scans 80%-90% faster and combines anti-virus and anti-spyware into one scan
      • More advanced scan options- riskware, ADS, heuristic scanning, and more exception options
      • Additional on-access scan controls
      • On-access scanning now detects spyware

• Program control features to stop advanced security bypass attacks:
      • Timing attack protection
      • Service control manager protection (not supported on 64-bit and Windows 7)

• Other enhancements:
      • Many performance improvements
      • Reduced number of unnecessary alerts
      • Windows 7 ready (Free compatibility update to run on Windows 7 when it is released)
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

atinalee Guest

Default Re: ZASS 9 spyware

Thanks so much. I will give this a try here. I did like it when they were separate.

Anita

Default Re: ZASS 9 spyware

Your Welcome..

Thread Information