Thread: How do i look at a motherboard and CPU combo that does not have power to it

sujanne Guest

Question How do i look at a motherboard and CPU combo that does not have power to it

How do i look at a motherboard and CPU combo that does not have power to it and tell what socket it is?Basicly I have a good CPU on what turned out to be a bad motherboard and I want to get a new motherboard for that CPU. I know it to be an Intel Pent. 4 speed is 3.7 ghtz with hyper threading. However what socket is it so when i look at new motherboards I know which to buy?

Post Re: How do i look at a motherboard and CPU combo that does not have power to it

Quote Originally Posted by sujanne View Post
    How do i look at a motherboard and CPU combo that does not have power to it and tell what socket it is?Basicly I have a good CPU on what turned out to be a bad motherboard and I want to get a new motherboard for that CPU. I know it to be an Intel Pent. 4 speed is 3.7 ghtz with hyper threading. However what socket is it so when i look at new motherboards I know which to buy?
    to the Zone Alarm User Forum..

This Forum Exist to help the Few Users who encounter a problem with ZoneAlarm and need to be guided in the right direction..

Unfortunately, Checkpoint does not sale or Repair Motherboards or CPU..

Stay on topic. Please refrain from postings that are not relevant to ZoneAlarm, firewall issues, and network security. Off-topic conversations should be moved to the Off-Topic board, BUT, it is not a general chat board.

You need to Contact somebody that sales or repairs Motherboards
    or somebody like Best Buy "geek Squad".. or the Store you purchased the Computer from..
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information