Thread: ZA Pro Functionality

za_avastfan Guest

Default ZA Pro Functionality

Dear Forum,

My ZA Pro 9.0.112.000 subscription has expired, so what specific functions of ZA Pro stop working? How am I specifically at risk?

From the ZA website I quote:"Your ZoneAlarm® Pro subscription will expire soon. When the product expires...You will no longer receive security updates or have access to technical support and new product versions."

1. Security updates: Is this really relevant if ZA Pro no longer has anti-spyware features?

2. New product versions: This I understand. No issue here.

3. Technical support: I understand that there is no longer access to the online chat or telephone support. However which (if any) functions of ZA Pro will cease to function?

I thought perhaps the Smartdefense Advisor (Program Control - Main) would stop working. However I still receive alerts. The only thing I notice is that when I click on 'more information' I am unable to read the advice on the website. Am I incorrect? Are there other functions of ZA Pro that will no longer work?

So, apologies for the long email but I would really appreciate your thoughts and comments. Whatever they may be - I find them all useful.

Many thanks and I wish you a very happy day :-)

ZA_avastfan
    Last edited by za_avastfan; September 24th, 2009 at 02:07 AM.

Default Re: ZA Pro Functionality

Hi!
    I am afraid but you need to ask to ZA technical support. Rules may change from product to product.

Please let us know the answer.

Cheers,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

za_avastfan Guest

Hi Fax,

Thanks for the reply. To be honest technical support did not really help me very much.

So I thought I would turn to the experts and friendly users on this board for help.

I would really welcome any thoughts, ideas or comments no matter what they are.

Please feel free to contribute even if you use another ZA product.

Thanks in advance and best wishes,

ZA_avastfan

Post Re: ZA Pro Functionality

Quote Originally Posted by za_avastfan View Post
    Hi Fax,

Thanks for the reply. To be honest technical support did not really help me very much.

So I thought I would turn to the experts and friendly users on this board for help.

I would really welcome any thoughts, ideas or comments no matter what they are.

ZA_avastfan

I agree with Guru Fax..

Please Contact Checkpoint Customer Service..

The Guildline and Terms Of Use specify that this is not a Public Chat or Discussion Forum..

http://www.zaforums-stg.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67

Stay on topic. Please refrain from postings that are not relevant to ZoneAlarm, firewall issues, and network security. Off-topic conversations should be moved to the Off-Topic board, BUT, it is not a general chat board.
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time

Quote Originally Posted by za_avastfan View Post

ZA_avastfan
    It is not a matter of contributing to a discussion but to give the right answer to a very specific question that can only be answered by ZA customer support.

Please let us know the answer

Cheers,
    Fax

za_avastfan Guest

Dear Fax and George V,

Technical support could not answer my question exactly.

If I may say so, I am a little disappointed that the tone of this forum has changed. I believe healthy discussion and debate about ZoneAlarm relevant can be quite informative in itself.

However I am not in a position to discuss this further given the above guidelines of this forum. Moreover I respect the rules so I will end this post here.

Thank you for drawing to my attention the guidelines. To be honest I did not even know that was the case. Perhaps it is a good idea to close this thread.

Best wishes,

ZA_avastfan

Hi!
    If you find more information on expired ZA from customer support please let us know and I will reopen this thread to update it with official information. Thanks!

Cheers,
    Fax

Thread Information