Thread: Outbound Email Protection not working

ladycharly Guest

Default Outbound Email Protection not working

In the older version of ZAISS I was using, I added a bogus addy into advance settings of OEP. Then every time I sent an email, ZA would warn me with a pop up asking if I could send the message. With a new HDD I installed the latest version of ZAISS w/Force Field, again turned on OEP, added the bogus addy, yet every email I send from addy's not in the list, just go through w/o a pop up asking me if it's ok to send. Does this feature no longer work on the new ZA or is something else wrong that I missed?

XP Pro SP2 (SP came with OS, not an update)
    Computer is up to date on PC updates, don't use Windows automatic update (only install what's necessary from MS)
    ZASS verison 9.0.083
    Use FireFox, latest version
    Use latest version of Thunderbird email, have for years
    Have used ZAISS since it came out, used ZA for years before that
    I am tech savvy

Default Re: Outbound Email Protection not working

Hi!
    I am not aware of any specific outbound protection from ZA that would warn you about bogus addy.
    You mean ZA Identity protection? What was the ZA message about? Any example? What is OEP?

Note that antispam in ZA does not support thunderbird.

Cheers,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

ladycharly Guest

Quote Originally Posted by fax View Post
    Hi!
    I am not aware of any specific outbound protection from ZA that would warn you about bogus addy.
    You mean ZA Identity protection? What was the ZA message about? Any example? What is OEP?

Note that antispam in ZA does not support thunderbird.

Cheers,
    Fax
    If you click on Email Protection you will see OEP (Outbound Email Protection), mine is turned on, then click on Advance in right corner of OEP. This will open a box called Outbound MailSafe which has 3 check boxes to set for alerts. The last one is what I am speaking of: If the sender's address is not in the list. Previously when I added in a bogus addy, then sent an email, ZA would pop up an alert asking if it was ok to send the email. I've used this feature ever since it was available to use from ZA with Thunderbird, which has been years. It does not alert with this new version.

Yes I know ZA doesn't work with TB and that is not a concern for me. Although I wish ZA would work with other email clients besides just Outlook, which I have NEVER used in my life. LOL

Ah! Ok, never used that feature in my ZA life, LOL
    Report the bug to ZA support. Link in my signature.

Thanks,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

ladycharly Guest

LOL Well thanks for attempting to help me and for the link!

Thread Information