Thread: ZA and Utorrent prob

Jez000 Guest

Default ZA and Utorrent prob

LO!
    Just done some portfowarding to program control/program/utorrent options /expertrules ,to get utorrent selected port unlimited. And result is
    damn pc totally freeze ,only way to get out is restart.Then i set Program control /mains /Progcontroll/ to off mode from ZA -> no crashing and utorrent work quite well,but I just buy Zone Alarm Exterme security and need to get it work.Any updates anything to get ZA work right?

cheers
    Jez

Default Re: ZA and Utorrent prob

Quote Originally Posted by Jez000 View Post
    LO!
    Just done some portfowarding to program control/program/utorrent options /expertrules ,to get utorrent selected port unlimited. And result is
    damn pc totally freeze ,only way to get out is restart.Then i set Program control /mains /Progcontroll/ to off mode from ZA -> no crashing and utorrent work quite well,but I just buy Zone Alarm Exterme security and need to get it work.Any updates anything to get ZA work right?

cheers
    Jez

Dang!!! It would help me diagnose your problem if I knew what Version of ZoneAlarm (Type and Version) and What Version of Windows you using..

Click on the ZA tray Icon, click About and paste that information here along with more details..

It is Sometimes very Difficult to Diagnose and fix a Computer from halfway across the Country, without All the Details, without the ability to sit in front of your Computer monitor and see what's going on..

If you would Describe your Computer Setup/Windows OS Version and Version of Zone Alarm that you are having a problem with
    and what difficulty you are having, and what Previous Version of ZA and Norton, McAfee or other Security programs that you have installed,
    there are several very knowledgeable Volunteer Participants willing to help you try solving your problem with Zone Alarm..
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Jez000 Guest

ZoneAlarm Extreme Security version:9.0.083.000
    TrueVector version:9.0.083.000
    Driver version:9.0.083.000
    Anti-virus engine version:8.0.1.33
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:993300192
    AntiSpam version:6.0.0.2083
    ZoneAlarm ForceField 1.5.31.0
    ZoneAlarm ForceField Spyware Scanner 1.3.158.41
    ZoneAlarm ForceField Anti-Phishing Database 1.2.101.0
    ZoneAlarm ForceField Spyware Sites Database 03.865
    XP Pro sp 3 with all updates
    previous security suite was F-secure internet secuity suite

First apology for my bad language.
    Prob : When i create expert rule to prog via progcontrol and try to applied it (prog on) pc freeze (no bluescreen just freeze) and when prog is down it allows apply it, but when i try start prog pc freeze again.Other pc same prog run's well (no ZA).Used same prog with diffrent security long time without probs on same pc only security is changed.

alchemist_zim Guest

i'm having the same issue, if i set one expert rule, then zonealarm and the other program work fine. if i set more than 1 rule, my whole system freezes. wanted to know if you ever got this resolved

***example***
    using utorrent. i'm using 2 ports 1234, and 5678. if i set 1 expert rule opening either port. the zonealarm and utorrent work fine. if i try to set either 2 expert rules opening both ports, or 1 expert rule opening both ports, then as soon as i launch utorrent my whole system freezes

***System Info***
    ZoneAlarm Extreme Security version:9.0.114.000
    TrueVector version:9.0.114.000
    Driver version:9.0.114.000
    Anti-virus engine version:8.0.1.33
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:994162688
    AntiSpam version:6.0.0.2383
    ZoneAlarm ForceField 1.5.36.15
    ZoneAlarm ForceField Spyware Scanner 1.5.36.15
    ZoneAlarm ForceField Anti-Phishing Database 1.2.104.0
    ZoneAlarm ForceField Spyware Sites Database 03.895
    Windows XP SP3 (fresh install)
    No other security installed
    Last edited by alchemist_zim; October 1st, 2009 at 08:51 PM. Reason: added info

Thread Information