Thread: How do I report false postive to ZA/Checkpoint?

Default How do I report false postive to ZA/Checkpoint?

I sent a repeated false positive on 2 system files to Kaspersky. Their reply was that they found no infection, but that I needed to report the problem to ZoneAlarm. How do I report a repeated false positive to ZoneAlarm?

Default Re: How do I report false postive to ZA/Checkpoint?

Hi!
    kaspersky malware analyst, if you filed it correctly, should have answered you with the results.
    Confirmation of the false positive or not.

They always do that.

Cheers,
    Fax
    P.S. ZA has no control on false positives. Unless it is generated not by the antivirus/antispyware

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thanks for your reply, fax.

As I stated in my original post, "Their reply was that they found no infection, but that I needed to report the problem to ZoneAlarm."

My question was how to report this to ZA. Since posting this question, I have used "live chat" to discuss the false positives. Their only suggestion was to upgrade to version ZASS 9.0.112.0.

I am concerned about the compatibility of ZASS version 9 with my current browser, Firefox 3.5.3, and a new minor update, Firefox 3.5.4, due out in late October. I am a long-time ZASS user and very satisfied, until recently. I have become unhappy with ZA and the lag time in compatibility issues with the newest Firefox releases.

I have a response from another user to a separate question on the compatibility question here:

http://forums.zonealarm.com/showthre...241#post266241

I am hoping that ZA keeps on top of the compatibility issue with Firefox as there is a lot of discussion concerning ZA problems in the Firefox user forums.

Hi!
    I am a bit lost. You want to communicate a false positive but Kaspersky confirmed that there is NO false positive from their side. So, where is the false positive? What is detected by whom? Which version of ZA are you using?

I have no issue with ZA 9 and Firefox. Try to disable firefox add-ons and test again. Also run your system without other overalapping security tools.

Fax
    Last edited by fax; September 25th, 2009 at 05:37 AM.

Tried to post complete e-mail, but the post has not appeared. Here is the top part of Kaspersky's reply:

Kaspersky's reply---------------------------------------
    Hello,

msuni11.dll, npfs.sys

No malicious code were found in these files. We are not detect this file. ZoneAlarm it's not our programm. If ZoneAlarm Detect this file please write to they support. [emphasis added]
    End of Kaspersky's reply----------------------------------

False positive from ZAISS 8.0.298.035 with currently updated AV/AS files. Received false positive on 2 files 9/15/09, sent to Kaspersky, they replied no infection found, on 9/22/09 same 2 files, sent to Kaspersky, the top part of Kaspersky's reply is above.

I have not installed ZAISS ver. 9. I was asking about compatibility with current Firefox version -- I have posted messages over the last 2-3 weeks and had received no replies until yesterday. There has been a lag in ZA catching up with FF 3.5.x according to other posts in this forum and I have not been able to locate a definitive answer on compatibility until now.

Thanks for your time.

Quote Originally Posted by walkerl View Post
    If ZoneAlarm Detect this file please write to they support. [emphasis added]
    Hi!
    this happens only on ZA version 8. Version 8 has been discontinued. False positives in version 8 will thus not be fixed.

There is no compatibility problem with ZAX 9 and Firefox 3.5.X. Follow this thread to reset firefox. Compatibility issues only relates ZAX 8.
    Considering you seem to have problems with ZAX 8 please completely remove it before installing ZAX 9. Do NOT restore any previous settings.

Cheers,
    Fax
    Last edited by fax; September 25th, 2009 at 09:56 PM.

Thread Information