Thread: False Positive

LakotaElf Guest

Unhappy False Positive

Greetings,

I have a false positive that I have checked and reported. It would seem that Kapersky email is refused most of the time, so sending them anything is a waste of time at this point as it keeps coming back to me and yes I did use the right email address as per tech support.

Anyway, the false positive is about my game, I have played it for years, called continuum. For some apparent unknown reason ZoneAlarm firewall/antivirus sees it as malicious now. This stated in Version 9.0.112.000-9.0.114.000 and I cannot get zone alarm to stop reporting it even thought I tell it to ignore the situation and have even entered it manually to tell it to ignore this software. It refuses to stop reporting it no matter how many times I enter ignore it. I have also found out, this has been reported seveal times before and some have said, (not my words) ---- ToS ----

So I come here, if I cannot find a fix, I shall request a refund of my payment and move on to another antivirus and firewall. I am about at my witts end with it now.

Considering this has been reported several times before, one would think they would try to fix this problem as the game is not spyware or a virus or malware or riskware. I use this software on a Vista X64 machine and never had a problem before, all of a sudden now, after the two most recent updates, the problems start.

Interesting note here,,,,it just scanned the entire computer, found nothing, but yet it still reports my game as malicious with on access scanning, this software has become insane!

OK just heard from Kapersky, I finally got the file through to them, and they say, "no malicious software is found in the file" and that is all they said, few words. So now what?

Thanks much...
    Last edited by fax; September 26th, 2009 at 05:58 AM. Reason: added information

Default Re: False Positive

Means your ZA 9 is broken... or badly installed.
    ZA 9 uses Kaspersky, if Kaspersky does not detect it, ZA should not detect it.

Unless is something else than Kaspersky detecting it.

Just copy a screenshot here of the detection, what exactly ZA says? How does it look like?

Refund should be directed to ZA customer support. Link in my signature

Thanks,
    Fax
    Last edited by fax; September 26th, 2009 at 05:59 AM.

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

LakotaElf Guest

I too thought perhaps that ZAP 9 was broken so I have reinstalled it twice now and same results. There were no problems with the install and no error msg's from zone alarm or the computer..

No other software is detecting this but zonealarm, I am a bit smarter than that.

It detects my game (of which is never did before these two new recent updates) as a "rarepacker.multi.generic" whatever that is. Kapersky said no virus was detected when I sent it to them. But yet zone alarm antivirus detects it, why? I realise that if kapersky said it is ok then zone alarm should also, but that is not the case now is it. See photo below of what I see when it pops up with a warning. and I am still telling it to ignore it and it is not.

I use this on windows vista X64 and I am using version 9.0.114.000 of zone alarm antivirus/firewall....

Thanks for your help, much appreciated....
    Last edited by LakotaElf; September 27th, 2009 at 06:39 AM. Reason: update

Try to exclude the folder...

Fax

LakotaElf Guest

Quote Originally Posted by fax View Post
    Try to exclude the folder...

Fax
    Never mind it FAX, as I do not think you can help much with this. I will deal with it myself, posting has not done me much good and of course have not heard from ZoneAlarm about it. I have no intention of going on and on about it. I may well go to another software that works more cooperatively. Thanks for your help anyway.

Ok.. thanks!
    Good luck with your system.

Thread is resolved and will close it.

Please do not hesitate to open a new thread if you have any other ZA product related issue.

Cheers,
    Fax

Thread Information