Thread: virus scan is writting pr temp files

duddly Guest

Unhappy virus scan is writting pr temp files

I was glad to see za brought out a vista 64 bit version. After installing the new program ( extreem security) my system froze up with in a couple of days. I noticed that the c drive had no available space. I then found that the windows temp folder was full of pr temp files. not sure of what happend. I cleared them out, but the next day it was full again and the computer was frozen again. after I cleared them out again, I shut down ZA for the night and unplugged the nic card to see if they would show up. they didn't. I then ran ZA AV scan and they showed up and filled the directory. When I examine the files they appear to have info form my zip files. Is there a reason that ZA would be writing these files to the temp directory. Virus scans show nothing. Any ideas or help is welcome.

Default Re: virus scan is writting pr temp files

Hi!

I know of malware and corrupted OSs doing this but never heard of ZA nor have other users posted about it. Are you sure it is ZA? Have you tried to remove ZA and install something else?

Cheers,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

duddly Guest

i was using kaprenski for a while as za did not have a 64bit version. I came back to za cause I really liked the program and I found a major security hole in kaprenski that they don't believe to be a problem. This didn't start untill i uninstalled kaprenski and installed extreem security. If it was a virus, then I would think that za would have found it. I just ran the pgm in safe mode and got the same results. It does sound like a virus, and if it is, then why would I get this right after install?

No idea... never heard of this sorry

Fax

duddly Guest

Unhappy Re: virus scan is writting pr temp files

Well. I reinstalled kaprenski and haven't had any issues (except for the previous hole mentioned). I noticed that kaprenski does write some very small files during it's scan but deletes them when finished which za never did. I'm not sure if this is a problem with the new 64bit version or what. but I can't keep having to clear 400+ gig if junk files every time it does its job. guess I'll just keep watching the posts to see if anything changes. Thanks

Not sure what is the problem.. I can't see it here.
    Follow up with support if you decide to reinstall.

Cheers,
    Fax

Thread Information